SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220R-all stainless - nitron coated
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220R-all stainless - nitron coated Login/Join 
posted
I remember seeing this as a catalogued item a few years ago but it's gone now. Can anyone tell me the product number for the P220 all stainless nitron coated?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10x Sniper,

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I believe it’s 220R-45-SBSS

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3090 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I had and sold to a forum member, case was marked; 220-45-SBS-G

220-45-SBS-G 7 98681 29574 6 31-DEC-2007
*TBI* P220R, 45, NITRON, STAINLESS. SL

SN was SN:G368XXX

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
The one I had and sold to a forum member, case was marked; 220-45-SB5-G

220-45-SB5-G 7 98681 29574 6 31-DEC-2007
*TBI* P220R, 45, NITRON, STAINLESS. SL

SN was SN:G368XXX

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation?

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation?

Quite possibly as I purchased it locally from an individual, as new, Nov 3 2009.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
With that "G", meaning government gun, yeah, pretty likely that's what it was.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have one of the original ones Sig supposedly built for the NH Fish and Game and then released into the wild in the early 2000's. Came with the Hogue grips, three magazines, and night sights. Original P220ST internal extractor style slide. Awesome pistol. I just got the slide back from Trijicon last week, sent it in to get the sights re-lamped (replaced).

There was a member here years ago who did some research on this pistol and who they were made for and sent it to us owners. Unfortunately I lost it in an old hard drive crash.

Box says 220-45-SBS-G.

It is definitely a heavy beast (with empty mag).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbinky:
I have one of the original ones Sig supposedly built for the NH Fish and Game and then released into the wild in the early 2000's. Came with the Hogue grips, three magazines, and night sights. Original P220ST internal extractor style slide. Awesome pistol. I just got the slide back from Trijicon last week, sent it in to get the sights re-lamped (replaced).

There was a member here years ago who did some research on this pistol and who they were made for and sent it to us owners. Unfortunately I lost it in an old hard drive crash.

Box says 220-45-SBS-G.

I like it. I have a ST but my rail is different

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
I believe it’s 220R-45-SBSS

That's what's on my box. From posts here that dated back to the time I bought it, I seem to recall that it was the second or third batch that had been released into the wild and that it had to be from a contract overrun but that no one knew which agency had signed the original contract. I know it was made quite a bit later than Mbinky's. Except for the Nitron, mine seems to be a standard 220ST.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was the 220R-45-SBSS a internal or external extractor?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Still have mine. Purchased from the factory when they were produced for a NH law enforcement agency T&E project. Someone here said it was fish and game but I was told it was state police.

Thought it was something special until it became a catalog item. I’m sure it will end up with one of my nephews when I’m gone.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you email me. Email is in profile

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A forum member who belongs to the same gun club as I do, has one.

I told her that if she ever decides to sell it I would like first option.

Her reaction when I implied that she might want to sell it: I thought she might beat me to death with it! Eek

I think she likes it. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
554r
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbinky:

Box says 220-45-SBS-G.

I like it. I have a ST but my rail is different

Yours was a leftover 220Sport frame with the small rail for the compensator!!

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were a catalogued item a few years ago!..

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
Was the 220R-45-SBSS a internal or external extractor?

Will check, but it may be tomorrow before I get the chance.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased one from a member hear a year or two ago...took off the stock, night sights and replaced with a set of bar-dot sights off an old P226 as I like the POI of those better (more in line with my other P-Series) and like the sight picture better than a three-dot setup.

Mine is NOT a P220ST...it's a stock, stainless frame, Nitron coated P220R with an external extractor. Great gun....need to put some Hogue G10 checkered grips on there in order to have it all good to go!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it's a stainless frame right ?

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Yeah. All stainless

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
10-X Sniper, I apologize for the delay. The pistol I was talking about came with a "DE" marked frame, SIG's newer "short" (as opposed to short return) trigger and an external extractor.