SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My insides hurt after seeing this butchered 220 sport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My insides hurt after seeing this butchered 220 sport Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
I saw this for sale in at my Range today and almost threw up. The “work” was performed by Hyatt’s and up the road for from the range. It’s supposed to be Tan but it looks like a pale lime green/yellow in person. This is the same shop that cerkoted a Glock slide without disassembling it first Roll Eyes

The price is the other kicker

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$2199 on GB!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Eeeeew Confused

Um, well, No. Well at least they were able to...

Some things just aren't meant to be understood.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
$2199 on GB!!

It’s probably a consignment gun so Blackstone is trying to upsell to get their fee

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$2499? For a poorly cerecoated P220 Sport W/compensator I'M RICH.....!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Yeah.

Uhhh, NO.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Man, that’s hard to look at!

This comes from a guy that did 10 years of EMS and another 8 in the operating rooms of a level 1 trauma center......

It’s like turning a supermodel into a $10 hooker.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
$2k too high for me. Smile Paintjob aside.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Someone needs kicked in the taint

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Must have been a real dog to begin with, you know, all scratched up. So, they coated with lime green puke. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just don’t know quite what to say about that one.
A picture with the owner might explain why.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody went full retard and we all know, you don't go full retard.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Circle over it like a buzzard.... wait patiently and when it does not sell, offer $500 bucks for it and then get it refinished.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
How sad. There should be a law against that.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure that 220 has jaundice.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Gun control should be about not doing what someone just did to one of Sig’s nicest pistols ever.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
It’s hard for me to understand the thought process. If the pistol had rub marks and scratches, it seems like it would have been easier to clean up the steel. But no, someone thought it would look awesome dipped in a lime coating.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just a ploy to sell whatever is next to it for $2000--looks great in comparison!

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
To each their own but not so sure as to why so expensive. Not for me.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
To each their own but not so sure as to why so expensive. Not for me.

To be fair this store is not cheap. Usually sell at MSRP or above.