SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 slide markings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 slide markings Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I recently purchased a 226 and I’m having trouble identifying the slide markings. The slide is a machined slide, on the left side is made in Germany. The right side has PW arms import markings below ejection port. The upper portion of the slide has S/N, a proof mark, P226 the the letters sg and a shield that I can’t quite make out. The S/N is U729-xxx
I’ve done every search I can think on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a German police pistol.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Obviously an import...beyond that it would be helpful to have pictures of the gun and markings in question.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, I can’t get pictures to post on here

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a former Swiss police pistol from the Canton of St. Gallen.

Does your P226 look something like this? Photo is from when Robertson Trading Post had a batch of Swiss police trade-in P228s for sale on GunsAmerica several years ago, as I recall.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks just like that.
Thanks

posted Hide Post
SG stands for Solid Gun Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far it seem to be a solid gun