SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on WE29R-9-TSSDAK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on WE29R-9-TSSDAK Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
What magazines fit?, Any other opinions on the weapon anyone would like to share, Thanks for looking.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'll be a 9mm, two-tone, DAK, railed P229 with night sights. It'll take magazines for...a P229 (surprise!). And P226 mags will fit, just stick out a bit.

What is it you want to know?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
I kinda thought so, got on the mags a super deal , Sig LEO/Mil. Program According to USPS tracking should be here tomorrow. Our Dept. Weapon is the 229 DAK in .40. I personally like 9 mm . I am interested in others opinions on the DAK.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of opinions on DAK. Some think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Others don't care for it. I think most don't really understand how it works.

Personally, although I get how it works, I don't see the point to it. If you're worried about unintentional doubles, get a DAO. If you don't want a long reset, get the TDA. I've never said, "I wish I could have a shortish reset with a heavier pull." That's just me though. Some very highly respected members here love DAK.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schrack:
I am interested in others opinions on the DAK.

I love it but DAK is definitely not popular with the masses.

Having a P229R DAK in 9mm would make a lot of sense for someone that carries a P229R DAK in .40 for work. Practice ammo would be significantly less expensive and easier recoil would be icing on the cake.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list of DAK fans. I bought a TT P229 9mm in DAK when they came out back in 2004. Love that pistol. I also converted my P228R over to DAK. I love the simplicity and the great trigger.

Congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post