SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p238 metalform mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p238 metalform mags Login/Join 
posted
has anyone used the metalform mags for the P238? I just bought one as a bug and wanted to know if those mags are reliable since the Sig mags are over $50 at my local dealer. Have a safe day

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I have a 938 but have no idea what a "metalform" mag is. I do have experience with P210s and the sorry excuse aftermarket mags are.

So not really answering your question, but I suggest you read the thread about the deputyette who has filed suit because of her shooting herself. One of the posters made a comment about how others are shocked he spends $130-150 on aftermarket holsters. Its about better quality that works right, every time. Or about 1980 Bell helmets had an ad "Got a $10 head? Get a $10 helmet." If you're expecting that mag to feed up a new round every time, and your life depends on it, you make the decision. Buy once, cry once.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I suspect, similar to SIG 1911 mags that all of their 1911 "pattern" pistol magazines are made by Metalform. Metalform makes great magazines.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't personally answer your question with actual experience. But if metalform makes a mag for a platform it is generally good to go. I've never met a bad metalform mag.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know Sig has metalform make certain mags for them thats why I asked, but maybe I should contat that officer even though I wasnt planning on ordering an over priced holster at this time just more mags

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I can't personally answer your question with actual experience. But if metalform makes a mag for a platform it is generally good to go. I've never met a bad metalform mag.

I'll second this. They have their own branded line for lots of guns, and they make quite a few to be rebranded. If I'm not mistaken, the 7 rounders that come with a Colt Govt. 1911 are made by Metalform, with a nice prancing pony engraved on the bottom.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sell the Metalform magazines for 1911s and Sig P238s at the shop I manage; we've never gotten any complaints about either. Sales rep. for Metalform says they manufacture the Sig OEM magazines, and they appear to be identical other than the markings on the bottom of the floor plate.

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you, I appreciate all the input