SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 American standard
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 American standard Login/Join 
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Here is another picture for comparison of my new P210 Standard. Close up examination makes the fit look a bit uneasy. They feel good and I dont particular mind that the fit is a bit off.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is another picture for comparison of my new P210 Standard. Close up examination makes the fit look a bit uneasy. They feel good and I dont particular mind that the fit is a bit off.

That grip is not bad, mine was a lot worse when it first came in. The two halves in mine are mismatched and one stands out in the back, being 1.5 mm taller. I wonder if the grips can be sanded to make them thinner. I am going to buy G10 grips anyway. Another thing I am looking for is 10-rd mags.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That grip is not bad, mine was a lot worse when it first came in. The two halves in mine are mismatched and one stands out in the back, being 1.5 mm taller. I wonder if the grips can be sanded to make them thinner. I am going to buy G10 grips anyway. Another thing I am looking for is 10-rd mags.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a pair of wood grips from Hogue & sanded them down. Work OK, expensive, if I had it to do over I'd have bought a higher end 1911 & forgot about the Sig P210A.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ordered a pair of wood grips from Hogue & sanded them down. Work OK, expensive, if I had it to do over I'd have bought a higher end 1911 & forgot about the Sig P210A.

I hear you. At 65, I sold most of my guns but still have one 1911 in 9 mm left (DW Valkyrie). I like it a lot and will keep it, but Sig p210A standard has become my range favorite. I shoot it for groups.

posted Hide Post
Yeah, P210A standard is a nice pistol, except for the grips (for me). It just doesn't have all the options a 1911 has & nobody seems to be rushing to offer any.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Every now and then you come across something you REALLY want to have... and Monday was no exception...

Yesterday I received a SIG P210 Standard Target pistol... though it doesn't look much like a target pistol from Top Gun Supply... I ordered it on Monday afternoon and received it yesterday (Friday)... not shabby work in my mind...

Like others I'm impressed with the pistol, but less so with the Hogue grips... They are not terrible by any means but the fit could be better for a pistol that costs well over a grand. To be fair, the final fitting to the gun may have been done (or not done) by SIG.

As you can see from this photo of my Swiss Police P210 the new 'target' is not an exact clone of the old gun... but still looks pretty good.

Here is a right hand view of the American version of the P210

The first impression I got of the P210ST out of the box was one of a solid VERY well made pistol... the fit and finish is excellent... and the workmanship is fully up to that of the Swiss made version.

Here is a close up of the pistol's controls... and the U.S. version has corrected the only two complaints I had with the Swiss gun... the nearly non functional thumb safety and the frame heel mag release... as you can see in the photo there is a new ergonomic thumb safety and a vastly improved slide release as well... and of course a frame mounted mag release which allows the mag to drop free.

Another nice feature of SIG 210s is the semi shrouded hammer which minimizes the possibility of the hammer catching on something during deployment.

The slide markings are very tasteful and to my eye attractive. The trigger pull is VERY good... probably the best I have ever encountered in an out of the box gun... just under three pounds with little creep, no grit and one of the crispest triggers I can recall...

On top of everything else I was delighted to discover the 210 fits nicely in a Beretta 92 holster that was kindly given to me by a good friend... it is a very useful holster... not only fits the 210 but also the Steyr 1912 and the Astra 600 (which in my mind always seems like a compact pistol.)

The next question is accuracy... and I hope I can find out on Monday when the range opens more about how accurate the gun is for me... I have my fingers crossed...

More to come...

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You really need to resize those photos down to about half the size they are, my good man.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
I have used them elsewhere and they work fine and are correctly sized... I have no idea whey they are not correct here.

FWIW

Chuck

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
You really need to resize those photos down to about half the size they are, my good man.

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting the P210. You will find it to be very accurate. I just practiced rapid fire and double-taps at the range (50 ft).

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
I have used them elsewhere and they work fine and are correctly sized... I have no idea whey they are not correct here.

Because most other forum software resizes photos on-the-fly. Sigforum's forum software does not.

And here's the thing: The other forum software doesn't actually resize the photos, they just tell the browser to render in a smaller size. So the client (computer, tablet, phone, whatever) is still downloading the massive image, then resizing it on the client.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post