SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Holster Question - Combat vs Regular Rail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Holster Question - Combat vs Regular Rail Login/Join 
posted
This question is for those of you who have P220 Combats and regular P220Rs. Will a kydex holster made for the Combat (with the picatinny rail) fit the proprietary Sig railed frame?

I'm wondering if the extra room in the holster to accommodate the larger combat style rail will make that part of the frame free to flop around making retention for a regular P220R in the holster less secure. Thanks.

Or in other words, can I get away using a P220 combat holster with any railed P220, avoiding having to buy separate holsters.

Thanks.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Totally depends on the holster. There have been at least 3 variations of the P220 rail:
- Original P220ST "half rail"
- Current P220R rail
- P220 Combat Rail

And since P220s and P226s use the same holster, you have variations in the slide between the two.

I'll say this much, old school folded Kydex holsters like Blade-Techs are far more forgiving than your vacuum-molded ones like Raven Concealment. For the former, you'll probably be fine. For the latter, call the manufacturer.

ETA: Jones is probably right in his message. I was thinking of the original P220ST rail as maybe having a problem. But those were never branded as a P220R. You should be good to go for an overwhelming majority of holsters.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes, a regular railed gun should fit in a combat holster. I use MK25 holsters with regular railed SIGs.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweeet!!! Thanks for the confirmation.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post