SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Visited a couple large gun shops today....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visited a couple large gun shops today.... Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
As I was near Target World in Cincinnati for a job interview, I decided to stop in and see the place again. First thing you run into is the largest damn Champion safe I've ever seen. Noone has bought that monster in a few years. It's bright yellow and must be all of 12 feet tall. Ta hell man, a punt gun safe ? They got lots of AR style rifles, Glocks, only a few Sigs and more 1911 style pistols than any other gun shop. Cant buy anything right now as I've got more important things to tend to. On the way back south, I stopped into Shoot Point Blank Range in Florence, Kentucky. I was in this shop quite a while back when they first opened. There are several of them in different locations. They got such a clean, bright and well stocked store. I bet there were 50 plus Sigs in there. Guy handed me a way cool P320 X Carry and OK, for all my outward remarks for not likeing the 320, it was a pretty darn nice gun. Same for the full size X model. Guy hands me a P226 Legion and it felt so good in the hand, I completely forgot to insult its extractor. They had P229 Legions and 2, sitting all by themselves, calling out to me, P220 Legions. Dang, I cant get you just now little grey P220. In the future. Still, what a nicely stocked shop. Its all tech as there are no old guns in the place. Go there and check 'em out. I feel better now... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Jeez, I had to go back 6 times to correct my spelling. I just got excited OK, I just got excited.. Smile

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Good to see you getting aound town David!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Shoot Point Blank Range in Florence, Kentucky. Big Grin

Last time I was in Point Blank, I was looking for .327 Federal magnum. The young man waiting on me asked if I meant .357 magnum. I assured him I did not, and he asked if the .327 was a new round. I told him it was relatively new compared to others, but not altogether new. He called another gent on the radio, and an older fellow came out from the back. He also, hadn't heard of the round. I have not been back.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You can expect that of some young folks now but they do have a beautifully laid out super size gun shop. Its just they dont seem to sell any used firearms. Then again, couple years back, I visited a small shop in Florence and a very pretty young girl of maybe 18 years could tell you everything about every AR they had on the wall. She started to tell me about building her own. That was quite refreshing to hear. Another thing you might notice about the larger shops like these is there are cases for a quarter mile filled with self loaders as the world seems to like them. Only a small case or two gets dedicated to wheel guns.

Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
a small shop in Florence

If that was Triggers, I remember the young lady. She was quite attractive both physically and in her knowledge of firearms Smile

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Smart young girl huh ? Big Grin. You only need to hale from somewhere like upstate New York where hardly a female knows anything about arms, to respect such a young girls knowledge. Kentucky is great !

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guy hands me a P226 Legion and it felt so good in the hand, I completely forgot to insult its extractor.
I lol'ed

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Well, I mean a Mauser rifles got a big long extractor. Same for a Model 70. Same for a old Springfield rifle. Even a H&Ks got a long extractor. It never even dawned on me while looking at the Legion P226. The rest of the guns features had my attention.