SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    can someone with a G19X and a G45....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can someone with a G19X and a G45.... Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
Can someone with a G19X and a G45 tell me if they notice any difference in the grip please?

I recall reading somewhere online a comment that the G45 grip felt a little smaller than the G19X. I don't recall where I read it, and I can't find it again.

Would you folks who own both mind picking each one up and letting me know what you think?

Thanks.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I can't feel any difference shooting them. I guess I could drag out a micrometer and see, but I don't think there's any meaningful difference.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have small hands, so I was just curious if there was a discernible difference when picking them up back to back. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I've been shooting a 19x as my match gun for quite awhile. I converted to the 45 only a short time ago (poop colors can only carry you so far) but I have done a few matches with the 45 and nothing about it bothered me. But in general I'm not sensitive. If you want me to grab a micrometer I certainly will.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The very subtle difference is at the bottom of the grip. Flared Mag Well Vs non-flared w/ lanyard loop. Aside from this, dimensionally they feel the same during use. The longer baseplate on the G45 is also imperceptible to me. Ergonomic feel is subjective. I prefer the G45 myself.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Thanks all! Really appreciate it. I have a 19x and was debating getting another or a g45.