SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for a 40 caliber
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a 40 caliber Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dana Safety Supply in Sugar Hill, GA (770) 381-8633 has LE trade in Sig P229 .40 S&W for about the same price as the ad above. Most of these guns are DAK but there are some DA/SA and these come with a total of three mags.

I have a Sig P239 and a P250sc in .40 S&W. I like them both shoot the P239 a little better but the P250sc is lighter, has NS, and holds more cartridges.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Colby Bruce,

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sticking with SIGs I concur with the P229. My 40S&W is a very sweet shooter. With that one I find it incredibly hard to understand why anyone could hate shooting the caliber. P226s in 40S&W are just as good, though bigger.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
IIRC, the P-229 was designed specifically for the .40 S & W cartridge.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As many have said, P229 Hands down. Mine started out that way but ended up .357 Sig.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love my 229, but I'm also taking a shine to the 2022 my wife got me for Christmas. You can't go wrong with either of those, as far as I'm concerned.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
The pics look great on these, though it's a 226

https://www.recoilgunworks.com...ndition-p-37947.html

Or if you've decided on a 229, though it's a DAK

https://www.recoilgunworks.com...ndition-p-29690.html

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
I had a 226 and love the steel guns, I traded it off, I should have kept it. My next will probably be a 229. I really want to save up for the Legion version, but one of the LEO trade ins may be too tempting.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your imput. I'm kinda leaning toward the 229 in 40 caliber. Been reading various articles, online, on this gun. Seems to
satisfy my needs. Found several nice Police trade-ins, but because I live in California - - - they won't sell them to me !

Posts: 59 | Registered: February 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Another fan of the P229, I had one back in the '90s and sold it. TGS had a fair deal on NOS and I picked one up. The trigger is much better than my earlier one, very happy.

I have P239 SAS 1st ed. and like it too but the 229 is a new favorite.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post