SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Micro 9mm - Kimber or S-A 911?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Micro 9mm - Kimber or S-A 911? Login/Join 
posted
Greetings SigForum - I just sold my ‘spare’ Glock 26 and I am looking for a Micro 9. Understand that this is SigForum but I can’t afford a P938. Does anyone have any experience with either a Kimber or Springfield 911 in 9mm? This will not be a high round count pistol given my access to a range and current ammo situation. I am currently carrying, most days, my P238 but would like a little more oomph. Even at the Quantico MCX, a P938 is $749 which is $200 more than the other two brands, and not in stock. Not much in the line of online reviews of either, and I don’t trust most of those reviews anyway. Thoughts?

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had an SA it worked fine, ust rubbed my thumb a bit at the back the thumb safety. I like the sights more on the SA. These little 1911 have worked suprisingly well, are super small and magguts can supply a +1 kit for your mag.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The Kimber Micro 9 is both a reliable & accurate little gun. Shoots like a much bigger gun. Plenty of magazine options. The only downside is the finish isn’t as durable as it should be. Chips easy. Other than that, I wouldn’t hesitate buying another if the price was right.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
This Kimber Micro 9 owner suggests getting a P365. I have both, they perform reliably, the Sig brings more to the table.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I feel like you're gonna have a tough time finding another micro 9mm that carrys 10+1 in the gun and a 12 or 15 round spare like the 365

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sell quite a few Micro 9s, though traffic has been down since the P365 and Hellcat came along. A bit too much of a stinger for me are these mini 1911 pattern 9s, but the customers in general seem to love them. Aside from recoil, we've not had any complaints about any we've sold.

We sell the 911 as well. But beyond admitting that, no commentary good or bad since I can't stand SA and their practices. Sorry.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
All of us cool kids have switched to the P365. Wink

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents, for the great replies. The Springfields have subsequently sold out at both places on GB - so, I guess it will be a Kimber. I do have a P365 MS but have an issue and a concern with it so I wanted to get a 1911-style for pocket carry. My issue with my P365, and not to bash it, is how difficult it is to load the mags. I have one mag I can only get four rounds into, the follower jams against the mag catch slot, and SIG will not answer their phones to try to get it replaced. That’s my issue, and my concern is leaving such a tightly wound spring loaded for some length of time. I very much like my 238’s and trust the 1911 design and quality mags more. I have three 365 mags and, sorry to say on SF, they have a distinct Pro-mag air about them. I wish Mec-Gar could and would make 365 mags, that would make it a real keeper.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Why not a 938 if you like the 238?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
From the original post: "I can’t afford a P938"

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
From the original post: "I can’t afford a P938"

My bad, missed that Frown

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post