SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ad for new Equinox pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ad for new Equinox pistols Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Wouldn't it be a P228, especially with the full length slide serrations?
No, because with very, very, very, few exceptions, A true P228 has a carbon steel, stamped slide and removable breach block. The weight, and by extension the balance, is different.

Yeah, that horse left the barn a long time ago. The P229 with the full height serrations and the long external extractor has been around 10 years. Name is not going to suddenly change to P228. The only way I can see for a new "P228" is SIG coming out with the milled slide with full height serrations but with the short extractor. Pipe dream, I know.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some experience here, those challenge coins don't shool very well. Just ignore them, they don't even work at the car wash.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had seen the TFB YouTube video that served as a press launch for the Custom Works group. Certainly had an emphasis on cosmetics. But I haven’t seen any clarity as to the future place for the former Custom Shop that performed service plans, slide refinishing, minor action work, etc. Granted, those services are not “custom” in the eyes of many, but they were certainly beyond the engraving and other cosmetics emphasized for the new CW group.

Perhaps the website is in transition but I couldn’t find any mention of the old CS services anywhere. Are those services under the CW group, separate or now extinct?

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Wouldn't it be a P228, especially with the full length slide serrations?
No, because with very, very, very, few exceptions, A true P228 has a carbon steel, stamped slide and removable breach block. The weight, and by extension the balance, is different.

Yeah, that horse left the barn a long time ago. The P229 with the full height serrations and the long external extractor has been around 10 years. Name is not going to suddenly change to P228. The only way I can see for a new "P228" is SIG coming out with the milled slide with full height serrations but with the short extractor. Pipe dream, I know.

I remember when the P228 was stamped while the P229 was milled but thought they milled P228s for a while. It's been so long since I kept up with that stuff I could be simply confusing the 2.

All I know is that the long extractors are UGLY and that all my short ones work perfectly.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so what if its just cosmetics? Lots of people like certain looks. Just look at the number of people on this site longing for a black m18! Or that Glock or CZ or ... makes runs of guns that are merely a different color and they sell out. So if they make something that people like and want, have at it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to grab one of the 300 made, P229 Equinox. Most of the posts I've read here
are wrong. The slide is done like prior Equinox models...I have a P220 Eq. They DO have
nickel plating just like past ones. The grips are: black Hogue SL G-10's, WITH nickel screws.
Sights: Xray3 Day/Night. The trigger is an SRT. It all comes in a Custom Works Negrini
case that has a combo lock on each side. There IS a challenge coin included, with (2) 15
rnd P229-1, USA made mags. On the slide's right side it does now have engraved: Custom Works.
The prices have sky rocketed by those "flipping" them and then the Sig dealers, most all,
asking high prices and getting them...and Gun Broker auctioning is crazy. Many seen on the
web for $2K and prob. more. I got lucky...on my price. "nuff said there." NOT selling mine.
A certified custom certificate is inside. The side product label: E29R-9-EQ-CW-300. Shows the above
info and it ends with: 1 of 300.

Posts: 1 | Location: Colorado | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post