SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ad for new Equinox pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ad for new Equinox pistols Login/Join 
posted
I received an email for the Sig Custom Works Equinox pistols. Pretty...but appears to be cosmetic, rather than actually functionally improved. Colors, polishing, etc. Not really custom, unless it's for show and tell.

Click on the link, however, and it takes me to a page that says "No results found for ‘equinox pistol’. Please try again with different keywords."

While I'd rather see a product offered with substance instead of aesthetics (superduper magic trigger, shoots around corners, xray sights that actually look through shit, pretensioned everything, chambered for 155mm, etc), if they're going to send out an email with a link to their latest and greatest pretty-boy project, at least make the damn link go somewhere.

Sending out the ad with a link that doesn't work might lead one to believe that the product doesn't exist...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
ad link came right to the Sig Equinox offerings for me, no problemo....

Link

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they fixed it. Much like when they release pistols. And then "upgrade" them to functional...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for heads up!

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked out the ad link. It's kinda odd that the two models displayed do not have the characteristics that differentiated the original Equinox pistols - the custom wood grips and the nickel accents in the slide serrations. Now they are offered exclusively in 9mm.

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, the Custom Shop is now Custom Works? Seems like nothing changes. Agree with OP that it's all look and no (custom) action.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I may not care for the looks (I was not a fan of the original Equinox pistols), and their marketing may be goofy, but at least they are still cranking out the Classic line of SIG Sauer pistols. That fact alone makes me happy.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron C at it again. Factory Custom....aesthetics. I'm amazed it took him 16 years to do it, Sig Germany just wouldn't die no matter how many arms treaties he broke to try to get it to happen till now.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
What Q said, basically more Sig marketing BS.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, between the Equinox and the Nightmare, seeing as the Nightmare comes with a challenge coin & Equinox doesn't......even though the Equinox is prettier.......

Gonna have to go with the Nightmare. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
Well, between the Equinox and the Nightmare, seeing as the Nightmare comes with a challenge coin & Equinox doesn't......even though the Equinox is prettier.......

Gonna have to go with the Nightmare. Big Grin

Nah, you'll have to go with the Equinox. Read further down. Big Grin

quote:
DETAILS

The SIG Custom Works team pays homage to another truly classic SIG pistol with the new Equinox Series. Featuring the unique Equinox slide design and contrasting nickel-plated controls paired with a black Hogue SL G-10 grip, X-RAY3 Day/Night sights, and an SRT trigger, the new Equinox series blends classic styling with modern performance. The Custom Works P226 and P229 Equinox are chambered in 9mm and come packaged with 2 magazines in a Custom Works Negrini case complete with a SIG Custom Works challenge coin and a certified custom certificate. The new, limited edition Equinox Series from SIG Custom Works. A modern take on a SIG classic.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, now I have to budget for both. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
Ron C at it again. Factory Custom....aesthetics. I'm amazed it took him 16 years to do it, Sig Germany just wouldn't die no matter how many arms treaties he broke to try to get it to happen till now.

This is nothing compared with some of the "custom aesthetics" that came out of Exeter in the 2010s -- Diamond Plate slides? Rainbow slides? Anyone remember those?

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...ht-sights-da-sa.html

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...bow-titanium-finish/

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P938 that I got in a trade with the "original Equinox flavor". It is indeed a pretty gun. Though other than the esthetics, it offers no substance. No tuned action or such. The only thing I really appreciate on it is the sights on it. Will the new series have the same original sights or the now standard X-Ray ones? Either way, I don't think the cost will justify it just for the finish and the now ubiquitous
"Challenge Coin".

I also for a short amount of time had one of the dreaded "Diamond Plate" P238 that I got for a song. I liked the pistol enough, but I could not get over that ridiculous finish, and ended up selling it.

All these fancy finishes. Just the basic Blued, Nickel or Stainless would be fine as long as they work out of the factory. Working on the reliability before anything else.

Posts: 377 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I want one in the 226 flavor, but I can't justify spending money on one now, I will buy one at one point.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kimber...Ron C and staff called their this celestial black/silver thingy the Eclipse. At SIG it's called the Equinox. Mebbe he jus howls at the moon. Or luvs to load dem up with silver boolits. Regardless, they be 2 Las Vegas 4 me.

I suppose that it's good that SIG is still making/supporting the alloy guns, even if it's in a rather undesirable flavor to me. At least it's not rainbow. Or some cornball 'Spartan' theme, as if ancient Greeks knew what nine mike mike was all about.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I agree that is good to see the classic P226 & P229 pistols get some positive attention form SIG.
Hope to see more classics revived or redone.

Posts: 783 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I very much prefer the wooden grips of prior Equinoxes.

It's a shame there isn't some sort of trigger/action job on these to justify the price and the distinction of getting one. For me, it's like buying a kit car that looks fast but lacks in performance under the hood.

If they only come in 9mm why both even calling one a P229? Wouldn't it be a P228, especially with the full length slide serrations?

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
chambered for 155mm

Now there's an end to the caliber wars. Be a bitch to conceal, though, so there's that....

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn't it be a P228, especially with the full length slide serrations?
No, because with very, very, very, few exceptions, A true P228 has a carbon steel, stamped slide and removable breach block. The weight, and by extension the balance, is different.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post