SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 938 equinox from 2013 anything I should know
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 938 equinox from 2013 anything I should know Login/Join 
posted
Thank you all for your time I just picked up a 938 equinox for a Very good price with 3-7rd mags and a 6 round in great visual shqpe from 2013, any issues I should be aware of it is Very clean and looks new

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replace that pos front sight. I had one, great gun but that fiber optic will fall out. I sold mine partially because I couldn’t warm up to the safety and mostly because a piece of the anodizing behind the mag release flaked off and sig told me to pound sand.

I think the equinox sigs are some of the best looking, especially the 938 equinox. If you decide to swap out that plastic trigger for the metal one that should have come with it be sure to watch that spring/detent when removing the safety

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sir have picked up a wonderful firearm! The Sig p938 is my Every day carry and I only rarely trade it off for my P238 when a slightly smaller gun is called for.

After all is said and done, I cannot think of another 9mm gun that is all metal, only weighs 16 oz. and holds 7+1 rounds and can shoot the eyes out of a rat at 50 paces........its been my CCW since 2013. My 938 has been flawless with every brand of ammo.

As for the front sight my fiber optic night sight is still fine after 6 years of ownership.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I bought one used from someone here on the forum and the only issue I’ve had is the front sight fiber fell out. Little fab of superglue and slid it back in place and it is still there. If I replace I’ll most likely replace it with a regular night sight. It’s an excellent concealed carry firearm and more accurate than I expected. Congrats on your purchase.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My 938 SAS is from '13 and has been great, ( around 2k rounds fired so far ) though once all the hoopla came up about their original polymer MSH and the single post it had to retain the sear, I replaced mine with an aluminum MSH from Hogue.

Not sure if SIG would do so or not, ( unless yours has already gone through SIG sometime after it was originally built, ) but they were installing their upgraded MSH and sear, ( with two posts to retain the sear )
so perhaps a call to SIG's customer service would be a good idea.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the info

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post