SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hudson H9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hudson H9 Login/Join 
posted
I visited a local shop a few months back and the had 2 of them in their cabinet, I just left that same shop and they are raffling one of the H9's and I'm only guessing is because they weren't able to sell it. Don you think the H9 has a future?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching the interviews on forgotten weapons and inrangetv with Cy and Lauren. There's a local one here for $870 but not too sure if they have rolling iterations (i don't believe they do that after watching the videos). Developing a new gun ain't so easy. I wish them success.

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Lengthy thread from last year...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1550071714/p/1

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think they need to improve the trigger for it to have any chance. I shot one at an event at my local range and I thought the trigger was just horrible. It's pretty heavy as well. IMHO there are alot more firearms I would consider over the Hudson for their current price point. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Good shooter, no issues at a little over 1k.
Coming out with a aluminum frame late fall.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am surprised they didn't start with an aluminum frame as I think it would have made a bigger difference in sales as it is a heavy gun.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not any heavier than a steel frame 1911. More holsters are becoming available. Just as wide as a 1911 but 15 rounds.

I think its a kinda cult gun. Same as the HK P7. Not the perfect choice but checks alot of boxes.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I have literally 5 gun shops within 5 minutes of me and they all seem to have used ones in stock. It seems to me that people aren't keeping them.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
It’s a pricey solution in search of a problem. I predict Hudson’s fate will be similar to that of Boberg.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
It’s a pricey solution in search of a problem. I predict Hudson’s fate will be similar to that of Boberg.

This.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:
I have literally 5 gun shops within 5 minutes of me and they all seem to have used ones in stock. It seems to me that people aren't keeping them.

One of my local shops had like 4 of them used for sale. They claimed the same guy bought all of them. Said he was a competitive shooter and just bought them and traded them in until he wound up with the one he liked best.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The concept is great (all metal striker gun of high quality) but the goofy recoil spring setup and price point kills it.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is a nice well built gun. I dislike how i seem to shoot 8 inches low.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I give them (and other manufacturers) credit for trying to do something new and breakout of the mold.

However with the stacks of different production models from S&W, Glock, Ruger, SIG, Colt, CZ, Walther, H&K, and others it's really hard to "do something new" in such a way to meet standard reliability and price point expectations that come from most modern firearms.

Especially in the Trump gun market (generally soft). The only ones who seem to do this with any success are already establish outfits (like Wilson Combat for example) with a reputation behind them.

Not to mention the internet ensures that anyone with half a brain can check for how new weapons are doing (good - bad - or otherwise) before buying.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post