Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 - Oh My Login/Join 
posted
I held it at the gun show and was in awe of the size given the capacity. I bought it and took it to the range. My first shot was in the bullseye at 5 yards, but my next two went who knows where. My fourth round clipped the first hole and this told me where the second and third went...in the same first hole. I had a ragged hole in the bullseye after 50 rounds, and a slightly larger hole after 50 more rounds at 7 yards. I just love this pistol's size, capacity, and accuracy. Those who shoot it are falling in love with it as well.

It was born in Oct 2018, and is showing primer swipe on all brass regardless of manufacturer, and the mags have a lot of finish wear after just 200 rounds. Still pretty happy with it and planning to get rid of my other subcompacts.

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 370 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and welcome to the club. I've invested in quite a bit of ordnance over the course of the past 20 years, and the 365 has impressed me more than all of the others combined! Enjoy.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The best part of the P365 is it’s only drawback for me. It’s so small I have a hard time getting a good grip on the thing. When I’m able to do that, my experience with accuracy is the same as yours. I’ve shot some remarkable groups at 25 yards with the little guy, but I almost have to grip it with my off hand first to do so.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DaBull, my experiences are identical to yours!
I had sworn to myself and others that I was going to stick with my P938. But over the weekend I took the plunge and Purchased one with an identical birthdate as yours.
I too noticed the primer swipes on all my brass. But what of it? Is this serious? Or, is it something like freckles on a pretty face?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These things must be flying off the shelf, can’t find one at decent price

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The 365s still tend to nearly vaporize whenever they appear at my LGS as well.

I've loved mine since I bought it this last May, ( April '18 build ) and with over a thousand rounds through it so far, I readily trust it for my EDC/BUG.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBull:
I held it at the gun show and was in awe of the size given the capacity. I bought it and took it to the range. My first shot was in the bullseye at 5 yards, but my next two went who knows where. My fourth round clipped the first hole and this told me where the second and third went...in the same first hole. I had a ragged hole in the bullseye after 50 rounds, and a slightly larger hole after 50 more rounds at 7 yards. I just love this pistol's size, capacity, and accuracy. Those who shoot it are falling in love with it as well.

It was born in Oct 2018, and is showing primer swipe on all brass regardless of manufacturer, and the mags have a lot of finish wear after just 200 rounds. Still pretty happy with it and planning to get rid of my other subcompacts.

My experiences with mine (July build) are the same. Insanely accurate for such a small gun. My only critique, if it really is a critique, is that the gun sometimes "feels too small" in my hands. It's not something that I can easily explain. The gun laid next to a Shield is too closely sized, but it just feels so much smaller. Yet, when I do my part, it does its part.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the chance to shoot one several days ago and I also fell in love. There is about 4-5 of them in stock at my local store, now i just need to get a bit of money together so i can pull the trigger on one!

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. I also am thinking about getting a P365, but get distracted by another P220. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying mine after 2 range trips. Total of 750 rounds fired without any issues. I don't consider striker drag an issue.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Welcome to the forum. I also am thinking about getting a P365, but get distracted by another P220. Wink

Ha ha! I know the feeling .38supersig!

Welcome to the 365 club DaBull. I love mine and can't wait to shoot it again this weekend hopefully.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Good accurate gun, I seem ti get back on target quicker than with other guns. The only drawback is the mag does not drop out on its own when changing. Maybe that will change with time.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report.

I am hoping to get to shoot my Son's P-365. It too has an Oct. born on date.

I just received 2-12 round mags from TGS, to give to my son.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@dc54
@T.Webb

I find myself adjusting my support hand after firing sometimes; I suppose that means my subconscious thinks I do not have a good hold on the pistol. I also find the rear corner of the 10 round mags rub my palm after a few mags. But I solved that by getting some 12 rounders for the range.

@Pal

If you have practice/range mags, you could try flicking your wrist to one side to "throw" the mag out when it is empty.

My mag issue (and a small one at that) is I have a difficult time getting a fully loaded magazine to lock in the pistol when the slide is closed. I have to slam it in with my palm or insert on an open slide (my preferred way). I think this and the magazine wear are signs that Sig really did make the smallest magazine possible and build the gun around it...meaning the thinnest grip too...which causes the non-drop free mag problem.

@fquico

I read some other posts that primer swipe stresses the firing pin and might lead to premature breakage at some point. I hope those who have shot upwards of 2500 rounds will chime in on any problems they see.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaBull,

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 370 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My BIL handed me his P365 at Thanksgiving. Lord did that thing ever feel perfect! I keep telling myself I won’t buy one but the temptation is incredible.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I carried mine for the first time IWB today in a small kydex holster.

I had been carrying it in my front pocket, and it was a pocket full, but do-able.

IWB the thing just disappears. I couldn't even feel it on my hip. Put the 12 round mag in it and it was perfect.

Need some more 12 round mags! Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have two and you need 12 round mags you won't believe the difference. I took my 43 out the other day fired two mags thru it and put it back in the case. the 365 rules the subcompact world IMO.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I’m going to sell/trade my 43 for one as soo. As I have an opportunity to do so.

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Primer Drag:
I noticed primer drag on my first three hundred rounds. Was firing Freedom Munitions 124 gr RN ammo.
Just finished 200 rounds of Remington Military/LE 115 gr RN ammo and primer drag is too small to notice without close inspection.
I was firing a Glock G43 and noticed some wee bit of primer drag on it too..using same Mil/Le practice ammo. Either it's 115 or 124 grain difference, brand or just simply quit primer drag.
Frankly, I don't think primer drag is an issue.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
Primer Drag:
I noticed primer drag on my first three hundred rounds. Was firing Freedom Munitions 124 gr RN ammo.
Just finished 200 rounds of Remington Military/LE 115 gr RN ammo and primer drag is too small to notice without close inspection.

It seems to me that the barrel should unlock quicker and slide velocity should increase as the parts wear in and recoil springs weaken, which would make it more likely that primer swipe would increase rather than decrease over time with the same ammo. If this is correct, it would mean that any differences in swipe marks between two different kinds of ammo are the result of the ammo characteristics (construction and/or ballistics), not the gun having a higher round count.

The swipe marks on my October P365 are the worst I ever have seen on a firearm. Only time will tell the long-term effects. I am not worrying about it since the initial striker brouhaha, but I intend to find out by shooting the snot out of it.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post