SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W K-Comp Inbound!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W K-Comp Inbound!! Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So my wife gave me the green light to buy a new “toy” for our 25th wedding anniversary. I blazed a trail to the local fun store and got the revolver I’ve been eyeing for a while - a S&W 19 K-Comp.

Now...anyone got suggestions on a good CCW holster?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barranti leather has some great leather. I just received a model CCR for a 3" K frame and it is excellent. No long wait time either...

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
The original K-comp, or the new issue?

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPG:
The original K-comp, or the new issue?

New issue...just put in the case...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and carry it in a desantis belt scabbard holster with the thumb snap. The revolver has a great trigger and the ball detent set up locks it up like a vault. I probably have about 700 rounds thru mine, at least 300 .357, the rest .38. Cabelas had a run on Winchester 110 gr. White box, so I bought a case. That round thru the k comp are actually fun to shoot. A little loud, but very mild for a .357. Very accurate as well.
Congrats on your milestone and new revolver. It's a good one.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

While I do not own one of the Model 19 K-Comps, I do own the Model 66 F-comp and one for the 7 shot Model 586 L-comps. I have been very happy with them.

Sooner or later I will add the Model 19 just because I prefer to look of a blue gun

I use mostly Galco Holsters for my newer acquisitions and have a pancake for the 586 L-comp.

Naturally the Model 66 F-Comp or your Model 19 K-Comp fits in most of my old leather from my snubby 19/66 carrying days. Many of the 2 1/2" holsters are actually long enough and I have leather from a 3" 66 which is a perfect fit

You do nto mention of you prefer an IWB style holster or an OWB design.

For IWB I have always been fond of the Bianchi Pistol Pocket for the revolvers. Most leather makers have a copy of it available with a different name

For OWB, I like the Bianchi Askins Avenger (and all it's clones) or the Galco Concealable

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now...anyone got suggestions on a good CCW holster?

If you intend carrying OWB, look at Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Ranger. A leather lined Kydex holster that rides close to your body. I have one for my custom 3" 65-5 and love it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome revolver. Enjoy!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've got a 3" Model 66 and carry it in an El Paso Saddlery Street Combat holster. It makes for a great carry combination.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I never posted an image. Still looking for a good OWB/Paddle style holster...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have a newer Model 66 with Performance Center work done to it. I carry it in a Kramer IWB #5 holster. I considered the Model 19 because I'm still mad at myself for getting rid of my old Model 19 that I purchased in 1977. However, for self defense I didn't think the comp was the way to go. Very nice looking revolver though!!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I like DeSantis for pancake holsters.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My original Performance Center "F Comp"

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Dear God I love me some good looking revolvers. Good looking pieces you guys have there.

There is just something so classic and beautiful about the lines of most revolvers and they really scratch my hobbiest/history/aesthetic itch.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I've got a 3" Model 66 and carry it in an El Paso Saddlery Street Combat holster. It makes for a great carry combination.

Great holster, have one for my N frames, conceals well

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post