SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W K-Comp Inbound!!

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W K-Comp Inbound!! Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So my wife gave me the green light to buy a new “toy” for our 25th wedding anniversary. I blazed a trail to the local fun store and got the revolver I’ve been eyeing for a while - a S&W 19 K-Comp.

Now...anyone got suggestions on a good CCW holster?

Posts: 1448 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barranti leather has some great leather. I just received a model CCR for a 3" K frame and it is excellent. No long wait time either...

Posts: 301 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old fat Motorcop
posted Hide Post
The original K-comp, or the new issue?

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 591 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPG:
The original K-comp, or the new issue?

New issue...just put in the case...

Posts: 1448 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and carry it in a desantis belt scabbard holster with the thumb snap. The revolver has a great trigger and the ball detent set up locks it up like a vault. I probably have about 700 rounds thru mine, at least 300 .357, the rest .38. Cabelas had a run on Winchester 110 gr. White box, so I bought a case. That round thru the k comp are actually fun to shoot. A little loud, but very mild for a .357. Very accurate as well.
Congrats on your milestone and new revolver. It's a good one.

Posts: 366 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

While I do not own one of the Model 19 K-Comps, I do own the Model 66 F-comp and one for the 7 shot Model 586 L-comps. I have been very happy with them.

Sooner or later I will add the Model 19 just because I prefer to look of a blue gun

I use mostly Galco Holsters for my newer acquisitions and have a pancake for the 586 L-comp.

Naturally the Model 66 F-Comp or your Model 19 K-Comp fits in most of my old leather from my snubby 19/66 carrying days. Many of the 2 1/2" holsters are actually long enough and I have leather from a 3" 66 which is a perfect fit

You do nto mention of you prefer an IWB style holster or an OWB design.

For IWB I have always been fond of the Bianchi Pistol Pocket for the revolvers. Most leather makers have a copy of it available with a different name

For OWB, I like the Bianchi Askins Avenger (and all it's clones) or the Galco Concealable

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 4838 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now...anyone got suggestions on a good CCW holster?

If you intend carrying OWB, look at Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Ranger. A leather lined Kydex holster that rides close to your body. I have one for my custom 3" 65-5 and love it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1293 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome revolver. Enjoy!

Posts: 1691 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've got a 3" Model 66 and carry it in an El Paso Saddlery Street Combat holster. It makes for a great carry combination.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11051 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post