SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIGforum soon will be conducting a raffle and this one will be a lot of fun
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SIGforum soon will be conducting a raffle and this one will be a lot of fun Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
DK Firearms has graciously offered a SIG-Sauer pistol to SIGforum for a raffle. DK Firearms posts in the forum as 'DK148'.

This is a used P230SL (.380 ACP, stainless slide and frame) and there are some perks that come with the pistol. The pistol is proofed "JH" for 1987 and comes with the original box, manual, warranty card, original grips and two stainless magazines. The pistol wears a beautiful set of Nill grips which seem to have been a late edition to the pistol, as they appear to be in perfect shape. The wear to the pistol is limited to the slide flats and the high spot on the extractor. I get the impression that this was a glovebox or drawer pistol. DK148 says the bore of the pistol is perfect. It seems like the pistol was handled a good bit but shot very little.

Given that the wear to the pistol is external and cosmetic only, it occurred to me how nice it would look after a finish refresh and possibly a Cera-Hide finish. I contacted the good people at Cummings Custom Refinishing, who most of you know as 'CCR'. CCR has been a longtime member of the forum and they have many, many satisfied customers, and they have graciously agreed to bead blast the pistol and magazines (CCR says the pistol will look better than when it left the factory) and, if the winner desires, give the pistol a custom finish of the winner's choosing.

So, after the winner is determined, the pistol will be shipped by DK Firearms to CCR and CCR will work with the winner to determine how the pistol will be treated. The winner can have the pistol bead blasted only, to retain the stainless finish or, once refurbished, have the pistol coated. So, as I said, this will be a fun raffle.

We thank DK Firearms and CCR for this and look forward to seeing the finished pistol.

The raffle will be open to forum members only. Forum moderator arcwelder will conduct the raffle as he has in the past.

This post is simply to advise you of the upcoming raffle. Once we determine pricing for tickets, we'll conduct the raffle in a separate thread, which should be shortly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet, I look forward to contributing to the raffle.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Count me in!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, we await further announcement!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Great karma. I'm in!.....lol

Look forward to participating in this raffle.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Thank you for the opportunity para, dk, and CCR.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That's a cool looking little firearm. And I can personally vouch for the quality CCR offers. Love the work they did on one of my daily carry weapons.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That’s beautiful

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
That’s beautiful! Bead blast would be all that’s needed! Then again, I’m aways a sucker for the full CPII treatment.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Oooh. What a great pistol.
Looking forward to participating!

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Wow! I love this forum! I look forward to the raffle! Smile

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, DK Firearms and CCR...looking forward to this raffle!

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Report This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Super Duper Cool.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Report This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post