SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Buy a pistol and get 100 rounds of ammo cheap at Bass pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buy a pistol and get 100 rounds of ammo cheap at Bass pro Login/Join 
posted
I went down to the near-by Bass Pro to look around at a few things and swung by the gun counter. One guy just bought a pistol and the salesman asked if he wanted any ammo for it. I didn't see any on the normal counters/shelves but the salesman said they will sell 100 rounds to those who buy a pistol from them, for only $30.00. Of course that is all you can buy but that is a heck of a deal and a nice thing to do for your customers. They had a couple guns that were not priced that bad,like a Sig M17 for $600 or Beretta APX for $379 and man did I have to hold back but not too far., Wink. So I got my 100 rounds of fmj for $30.00 with my item. Lately the prices have not been that bad on their guns and figured I would pass on the info. and a nice business practice.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is probably more aimed at the first time buyers who may not be willing to buy a gun they can't find the ammo for. Seems like a pretty clever marketing move.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

(trying to tell myself that I don't need to go Bass Pro) That is a good thing they have going right now.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS Does this. What ammo they do get from distributors is in the back and if you buy a gun new or used, you get a chance to buy a box of FMJ and a box of hollow point. At a reasonable price. There’s no trade option though. I have bought some guns this year like a 38 special speed six and they had no 38 ammo. Wouldn’t let me trade the option on 357 or 9 or 45 ammo though... I’m definitely not a first time buyer.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Henry AR-7 and the dealer offered a single box of 500 rounds of .22lr for $28.00. The AR-7 was an internet special price of $260 and the ammo was an unexpected bonus.

A couple weeks ago I bought a Ruger LCP II at a good internet special price. But no ammo was offered for it when I picked it up at that dealer.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sportsmans Warehouse does the same, two boxes at a reasonable price.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GT Distributors has the same deal. Buy a gun, get 100 rounds at a reasonable price.

I'm not sure how it works if you buy from the website and ship to an FFL.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very smart on their part. When I bought my first .380 during the Obama panic it was contingent on being able to buy 200 rounds of .380 from the store. They agreed and so I bought the gun.

Stores should advertise this deal more and I bet they’d get more buyers.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post