SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPK coming back?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPK coming back? Login/Join 
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Monaypennay!!!

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
It looks so sweet to me: https://youtu.be/Dnj7Cqsh0Pk

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
A "little" slide play? That girl rattles like a maraca.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am another PPK owner (90's Interarms version) who never understood all of the negative reviews. Mine always performed flawlessly. I used to show off to my friends by shooting D Cell batteries at 10-15 yards with it. At the time it was a great CCW piece. It has now become relegated to the safe because of newer,smaller, and higher capacity pistols like the P365 etc.

Posts: 20 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: September 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slick Slidestop:
I am another PPK owner (90's Interarms version) who never understood all of the negative reviews. Mine always performed flawlessly.

The quality US Walthers manufactured by Ranger for Interarms varied widely from pistol to pistol. Some were flawless works of art while others were reliability nightmares. Even with FMJ ammo, reliability with some pistols was a hit or miss proposition. I have owned a few US Walthers over the years - both in 7,65mm & 9mm kurz. One particular 7,65mm PPK/s I recall was a wonderful pistol while a PPK in 9mm kurz was a nuisance from the first shot. Reliable function was iffy even with FMJ's and practically nonexistent with HP's. (Of course, being a vintage design it was never intended for use with HP's.) In contrast, I had a 7,65mm German PP which was 100% reliable. In general, I believe the European manufactured Walthers are superior to their US counterparts and I believe 7,65mm pistols are generally more reliable than those chambered in 9mm kurz. Further, I think all PP/PPK series pistols in either caliber benefit from ammunition loaded to original pressure specs.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1990s mfg Interarms marked stainless PPK has been flawless, even though I have to admit that a whole lot of rounds have not been put through it. Bought it NIB and it's a 32acp. There is definitely a place in the shooting world for a newly produced PPK among all the tupperware pocket rockets. The hope and expectation will be that they do it properly!

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
Just pick up one of these custom PP .32 pistols with the beavertail grip tang. They sell pretty cheap because they're all scratched up. Sights are nice from Novak. They combine with the fixed barrel for excellent accuracy. Of course, the trigger job helps with that too.

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slick Slidestop:
I am another PPK owner (90's Interarms version) who never understood all of the negative reviews. Mine always performed flawlessly. I used to show off to my friends by shooting D Cell batteries at 10-15 yards with it. At the time it was a great CCW piece. It has now become relegated to the safe because of newer,smaller, and higher capacity pistols like the P365 etc.

I’m big fan of the early designed walthers. I imported a lot of pp’s from the 60’s before I retired last yr. Fantastic shooters in all 3 calibers. I bought a manhurin ppks for a carry gun about 10 years ago in 380. It’s the most accurate pocket gun I’ve ever shot. Took it out back when I received it and shot at a knot in a post at 10 yards offhand.
all 6 in the 1 1/2” knot one handed. It shoots everything, from cheap Wally bulk to the expensive defense stuff. Never had a failure of any kind. I also shoot a Walther GSP in Bullseye. 22 & 32 s&w L.
Accuracy and dependability never go out of style.

“It's never too late to have a happy childhood.”
― Tom Robbins

Posts: 20 | Location: N. FL | Registered: January 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my West German proofed IC Interarms import Walther PP. wonderful fit and finish. Never a failure.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like (so they say) the new PPKs will start shipping out in the next few weeks according to Walther spokesperson at Shot Show 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLygdcFFTVg

Posts: 42 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post