SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red Dot for 225 recommendations if any
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot for 225 recommendations if any Login/Join 
Picture of photohause
posted
Hello-anyone know if there are any red dots which will easily fit the original 225? It is the gun I have, the gun I shoot. Thanks.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Which version of the P225? The original P225, or the newer P225-A1?

Not that it matters because I'm not aware of any P225 slides that come milled for an RDS. You may be able to have one milled for an RDS, or perhaps pickup a mount that facilitates using the existing dovetail for the rear sight.

You would still need to pick the RDS you want to use because there are several "common" mounting styles/hole patterns.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
original

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
original
Perhaps someone else will comment here regarding the original P225, but I'm not sure the stamped slide models (like the P225) can be milled.

That leaves mounting plates that use the rear dovetail, but as I noted above, you will need to decide on a RDS for which the plate would be designed. If you google "SIG dovetail red dot mount" you'll find a couple of candidates that would perhaps work from C-more and OuterImpact.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A folded slide gun, like you like we have is not a candidate for milling. The slide is a piece of folded steel with an internal block and a nested roll pin holding them together. You would need a newer, machined slide to mount a red dot.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
There are various dovetail mounts that utilize the rear sight dovetail. None is ideal but they work.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for being candid. I shoot the gun really, really well, and being in my later years, I don't have funding for another gun as an EDC other than my Model 60. I got it coated a few years back and I installed a SR Trigger. and nice Tru Glow sights. Thanks for being candid.