SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you think this is overkill for concealed carry?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you think this is overkill for concealed carry? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obviously, I'm being sarcastic about a concealed carry piece.

Oh, I don't know. A Bianchi X-15 would make kind of a cool accessory for it.

And a brown and yellow check jacket to wear over it. Big Grin

Posts: 27830 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I'll probably get a set of Hogues but will be keeping the original grips. Unless there are more comfortable grips out there.

Tony.

If you’re going to shoot magnums then you want the factory rubber 500 grips . Best grip out there if shooting magnums and I have them on all of my Smith .44’s .
You can buy them from the factory website .

Wouldn't that be these anyway?

https://www.hogueinc.com/s-w-n...ubber-monogrip-black

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have one just like the original posters. I wish I still did; maybe one of these days. Never a bad choice, and it works for most occasions.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A very nice and substantial revolver there. Love the big iron!

I have a shoulder holster for mine but never tried to carry it concealed. As a young and poorly paid officer I carried my 5" Model 27 on and off duty for a time because I could not afford a second pistol for off duty. It can be done, you just have to dress around it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll probably get a set of Hogues but will be keeping the original grips. Unless there are more comfortable grips out there.

Tony.

Putting rubber grips on a P&R revolver will bring down the fury of the S&W gods. Smile

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
That's a beaut. And hell no....use a smart carry and walk proud!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tony.

If you’re going to shoot magnums then you want the factory rubber 500 grips . Best grip out there if shooting magnums and I have them on all of my Smith .44’s .

Wouldn't that be these anyway?

https://www.hogueinc.com/s-w-n...ubber-monogrip-black

Tony.

No the 500 grips are padded along the back strap area.
The Hogue’s are not . Makes a huge difference.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
ridiculously wonderful

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the 70’s at the height of the Dirty Harry craze I now plenty of people who carried 44’s in shoulder holsters. From about that time until the mid 80’s my brother carried a 4” 29 as his duty police gun. In those days the agency he worked for had a very lenient duty gun policy. He later went to a smith 39 for a few years until the agency adopted the Glock 22 for all officers

Posts: 3267 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The 629 he has is a square butt N-frame. I doubt the 500 grips will fit

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I had a 629 soon after they were released, and later a 629-1. Should have kept at least one of themWink

BTW, one of my fellow officers actually did carry a 6" 29 in a shoulder holster off-duty.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have the same gun that I inherited from my father in 1983. N7778**. It was tested at the factory in every other chamber and has not been fired since.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Im pretty sure you’re correct. I’ve got some hogue grips on the way. Should be here on Friday.

Tony.

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I’d take the side-plate off(properly) and peek at the insides. It may well need a cleaning, or at least a light lube job. No need to take it all apart.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

DUH ! My mistake . My 629-3’s are round butt.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Watch the threats S#$% themselves as you pull out that cannon from your jacket. I carried same gun years back only with a 4" barrel. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I love my N-Frames!

627-0 & 629-3

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smith and Wesson 629 6" 44 Magnum, no-dash P&R'd. Exactly 12 rounds fired through it.

Obviously, I'm being sarcastic about a concealed carry piece.

Just showing off my latest acquisition. A very good friend of mine pretty much gifted me this for Christmas. I'm building two rifles for him but he knew I've been wanting a 629 for years. I wanted to have one for my 44th B-day and now I have it (a year late, but I'm not complaining).

It comes with an original box and display case...

Tony,
Very nice “hand cannon”!

Everyone needs a quality big bore revolver in their collection!
Those early no-dashes don’t come around often.

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
That's a nice pair, Bill!

I'm looking to stop by the sporting goods store today and pick up a box or two of ammo and get her sighted in. I don't have any 44 reloading components.

I took off the side plate last night and everything inside was spotless. I greased up the yoke and the extractor shaft since everything was bone dry. I'll probably do the same with the internals soon.

Tony.

Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Now this is more like it. I got the Hogues in yesterday and man, what a world of a difference! This thing feels much better in the hand now.

Tony.