SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you think this is overkill for concealed carry?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you think this is overkill for concealed carry? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Smith and Wesson 629 6" 44 Magnum, no-dash P&R'd. Exactly 12 rounds fired through it.

Obviously, I'm being sarcastic about a concealed carry piece.

Just showing off my latest acquisition. A very good friend of mine pretty much gifted me this for Christmas. I'm building two rifles for him but he knew I've been wanting a 629 for years. I wanted to have one for my 44th B-day and now I have it (a year late, but I'm not complaining).

It comes with an original box and display case.

Serial number is N7787**

Anything I should know about these?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think this is overkill for concealed carry?

Nah, Dirty Harry would approve. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

So did you fire five shots... or six?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
the 3 Dade speedloaders are going to weigh down your jacket pockets. Should help reduce your draw times.

Like they say, just need a good belt, and it is your next EDC...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one just like it! N7777XX.

Even though I've carried autos for a few decades, there are times I actually have considered going to a 2.5" K-frame. I know they lack capacity, but 6 rounds of .357 mag (or .44)is nothing to laugh at in most situations any of us is likely to encounter.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not if you want “blow a man’s head clean off”. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice gift ! What a beauty.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Concealing that would be an interesting challenge.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Disappears under a t-shirt and you forget you're wearing it. Razz

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend routinely carried a M29 or a Blackhawk .45 when he didn't want to wear a 1911. You can do it if you will do it.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lawman Leather still makes the Dirty Harry shoulder rig.
If it worked for Clint, it can work for you!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A beauty. Those factory grips look nice, but they were a terrible design. Big at the bottom and skinny at the top.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
In Magnum Force, Inspector Callahan revealed that he uses light Specials.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
A beauty. Those factory grips look nice, but they were a terrible design. Big at the bottom and skinny at the top.

I agree. My shooters all get switched to Ahrends. The factory targets must have been designed for NBA players.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Disappears under a t-shirt and you forget you're wearing it. Razz

While wearing workout shorts. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Even though I've carried autos for a few decades, there are times I actually have considered going to a 2.5" K-frame. I know they lack capacity, but 6 rounds of .357 mag (or .44)is nothing to laugh at in most situations any of us is likely to encounter.
3" K-frame M65 was not hard to carry, but you definitely need a sturdy belt. I carried one for about 18 months from 2010-2012. Not hard at all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'll probably get a set of Hogues but will be keeping the original grips. Unless there are more comfortable grips out there.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I'll probably get a set of Hogues but will be keeping the original grips. Unless there are more comfortable grips out there.

Tony.

If you’re going to shoot magnums then you want the factory rubber 500 grips . Best grip out there if shooting magnums and I have them on all of my Smith .44’s .
You can buy them from the factory website .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Congrats on owning the Most Powerful Handgun in the World! In 1971, that is. Wink

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post