SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need info on high end Glock triggers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on high end Glock triggers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Zev drop in kit, it comes with a 2# and a 3# spring. I experienced some lite primer strikes initially in my G34 when I first dropped in the ZEV. Contacted ZEV, switched to 3# and have experienced no further problems. I run Freedom Munitions 147 gr in matches with my ZEV and never have any issues with the trigger kit or Freedom Ammo. In my G19 (with a ZEV kit as well), I use Federal HST 147 HP+P which is flawless..

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
With my latest used 19 that I've hot rodded a little bit, I put the Apex Flat Trigger, with apex trigger bar, and safety plunger.

I've been very happy with the kit.

Typically, I am a smooth faced trigger, 25 cent trigger job, and Ghost 5.5 Tactical Connector guy. But I decided to go a little different with my strictly range G19.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Overwatch Precision flat faced (TAC, I think?). Like it a lot.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Agency Arms trigger. Bought one for the Glock 17...liked it so much, it went into my 26.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went down this road recently. Most of the triggers defeat the drop safety and are unsafe. What you get for cost versus return it's not worth it in my opinion, but this is subjective so YMMV.

For the cost it's hard to beat a wolf 6lb trigger spring, reduced striker block spring, and OEM #3.5 connector.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried some aftermarket Glock triggers and came away very unimpressed. On my own G19 that I test things out on, I changed springs, connector, installed LoneWolf's Ultimate Trigger Stop and did a little smoothing/polishing here and there. The final touch is a little tweak to the striker and...for about $50 in parts I have an awesome trigger. I added a LW trigger (not trigger bar) for comfort. (Tried an Apex and it screwed everything up!)

While I'm not a Glock fan, they are certainly robust and fun to tinker with!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
I went down this road recently. Most of the triggers defeat the drop safety and are unsafe. What you get for cost versus return it's not worth it in my opinion, but this is subjective so YMMV.

I've drop tested several triggers, and the only two that failed the test were the DEM and a cheap knock-off. The Agency, Overwatch, and Apex all passed. There's a long thread about this on the glock section of arfcom

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

For the cost it's hard to beat a wolf 6lb trigger spring, reduced striker block spring, and OEM #3.5 connector.

The 6# trigger spring with a lighter firing pin spring MAY cause trigger reset issues in Gen 4 Glocks.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Winner
posted Hide Post
Although I own (4) Glocks, I don't consider myself a Glock person. I respect the simplicity, but I've never been real excited by the factory Glock trigger.

I've got one of the ZEV drop in trigger kits (~$185 w/o a firing pin) in a G19.4. I did not install either of the included firing pin springs.

I like the feel/shape of the trigger shoe and trigger safety. I like the reduced take-up and over-travel. The pull is relatively short and light without the typical Glock "wall" in the trigger pull. Reset is a little "softer" than factory.

For comparison, my other Glocks have a OEM "smooth" trigger installed (if they didn't come with one from the factory), a stronger trigger spring, a lighter connector and the typical "$0.25 trigger job" (total ~$25-50 depending on which connector).

Dry firing, the ZEV is much nicer than OEM and a little nicer than my other Glocks. It's not a SIG or 1911, but it feels nice.

Actual live fire, I don't notice that much difference between the ZEV and my other Glocks.

I like the ZEV kit. If I had another kit, I would install it, but I haven't been terribly motivated to order another kit.

Posts: 132 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How about one of these? What does one get for their 140 bucks? Is it worth it?

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...it-glock-42-aluminum

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Lot's 'O info so far. Keep it coming, and thanks.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
The 6# trigger spring with a lighter firing pin spring MAY cause trigger reset issues in Gen 4 Glocks.

Have you experienced any reset issues running a heavier trigger spring with the factory striker spring?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How about one of these? What does one get for their 140 bucks? Is it worth it?

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...it-glock-42-aluminum

Para I believe Agony has been running an overwatch precision in both of his RMR guns and has had nothing but positive things to say. I actually just ordered a TAC version for my 19 over the weekend so unfortunately I can't pass on any feedback at this time. If I like it though I will be replacing the trigger in the 43 with one as it has a tendency of pinching my finger. Hopefully Agony is able to chime in at some point.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
This would be my favorite, but I keep running out of ammo somehow. Hmmm...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
Para I believe Agony has been running an overwatch precision in both of his RMR guns and has had nothing but positive things to say.
My question is about their Falx trigger specifically. What are you getting for your 140 bucks besides an aluminum trigger pad with a shorter takeup? The trigger bar is Glock OEM. Granted, it's coated with NP3 but I can get the same effect with a 25 cent trigger job.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I don't have an opinion yet on the Falx trigger, as I've yet to try one.

For me, the Falx defeats the purpose of getting an aftermarket trigger; the flat-face.
Flat face changes the entire dynamic of the trigger, shortens the pull physically due the different geometry, and subjectively lightens the pull due to the relationship between the finger and the trigger. It's more evident in, say, a flat trigger on an AR vs a curved, but still noticeable on a pistol.

I've seen a few Falx for sale for around $100 used in various fora classifieds. I would like to try one, and if I stumble on a decent deal will jump on it.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I put a Falx on my G43. I do like it. I can't shoot the G43 as I do with larger pistols; that is pull the trigger with the finger pad. I'm forced to put more finger in and pull at about the first joint. The rounded face of the Falx facilitates this style of trigger pull.

Other than that, you get a shorter pretravel and the MP3 trigger bar. Is it worth $140? I guess it depends on how you shoot the pistol and if these benefits are important to you. I didn't hate the G43 before installing this, but it does offer me a better trigger feel.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'm thinking about this trigger for my G42, actually.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thanks. I'm thinking about this trigger for my G42, actually.

Have you had the new connector and trigger housing installed yet? I say new, but it's been out for about a year. I finally had mine upgraded at a GSSF match in March. IMO, makes a world of difference.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a new production pistol, made probably within the last four or five months.