SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need info on high end Glock triggers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on high end Glock triggers Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
I'm thinking about a range toy. Who is using something like the Zev adjustable trigger, and how do you like it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...

I like the ZEV trigger and it has great adjustability. ZEV didn't make a trigger for the G40 MOS at the time, so I bought a Pyramid trigger kit while converting it to .38 Super. I was able to get a Salient trigger in my Gen2 and converted it to 9mm.

Of the three, I'd have to give the nod to the Salient. It begs to be shot. A lot. A Glock in .38 Super with a six inch barrel & slide is a spectacular firearm. Pyramid triggers are very smooth and crisp. I don't know why Glock never made a .38 even as a limited run... The ZEV in a G22 running on .357 Sig with a muzzle brake is smooth shooting.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you get an aftermarket trigger, you can't really go wrong, you'll just run out of ammo sooner. Big Grin

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the ZEV kit in two of my G34's and one in my carry G19. Like them a lot..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Just changing springs, mainly a heavier hammer spring, does a world of good for a glock.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm quite happy with a stock trigger and a minus connector and a bit of lubrication. For serrated triggers, I use the smooth stock trigger from another model (G17 trigger in a G32, for example).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Just changing springs, mainly a heavier hammer spring, does a world of good for a glock.

Glocks do not have hammers or hammer springs.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the ZEV fulcrum trigger and it is heads and tails better than the stock smooth trigger with any kind of connector,in my opinion. I have tried other connectors and the combo ZEV puts together gives me a smile when I shoot it. It has a slight curve but a flatter/wider face than the factory. For me it makes a big difference and gives me better trigger feel/control. I bought the whole trigger assembly with the extra striker springs and am glad I did. I bought it to use in my local matches and for my own usage. I bought it for my range toy, as well as a few other mods/options-ZEV slide,KKM barrel,etc. and am very happy with the set up. Some people will say all you need is this or that but if you can, look and see if anyone around you has one to get a feel for it. I have the 3 lb. striker spring and connector and it is amazing but I wouldn't want it on my primary carry as it is light on the pull with the set up I have installed.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:

Glocks do not have hammers or hammer springs.

My bad, Gaston. I meant heavier trigger spring.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My two recent converts:

These two join two previous ZEV-triggered Glocks. I expect them to perform just like my previous pair. The ZEV doesn't really clean up the mushy nature of a Gen4, but the pull is smoothed considerably, the break lighter and crisper. Both these two are complete ZEV trigger sets, whereas my earlier ZEVed guns were done only with ZEV trigger bars in conjunction with factory parts and aftermarket bits (like the connector and springs) sourced from others. The MOS G19 as currently configured is most definitely the scarier trigger of the two.

In the MOS I went ahead and installed ZEV's 2lb striker spring and their striker safety plunger and accompanying spring. This strictly range gun (in this setup) has a 3 to 3 1/2lb break according to my manual Wheeler gauge. Takeup is a bit spongy but very smooth compared to factory setups, and you just roll right through the break as the stacking point isn't particularly firm or sharp. However this is a trigger that still can be staged, but it's uncomfortably easy to unintentionally set off with this one, as I've encountered with dry fire practice. Before I get serious about live fire, it may get a return to stiffer springs to heavy up the pull and break.

Off-topic, sort of: I've just gotten the gun put together as the replacement MOS #2 plate courtesy of Glock CS arrived today. Actually they surprised me by sending the ENTIRE MOS plate set, and not just the #2 plate that I broke and subsequently asked for. However the set I ORDERED from Glock's online store is nowhere to be found; the last email I received from Glock was that it would arrive by June 1, a whole two weeks from when the order was initially placed. Honestly, I didn't realize that FedEx had services that SLOW.

Back on topic, well sort of: the regular Gen4 G19 is the one with the Bullseye sight. Originally I was going to leave the gun stock but I had this ZEV trigger set just lying around doing nada, and one thing lead to another. It's definitely got a heavier pull that breaks around 4.5 to 5+ pounds. Without modifying anything else, the takeup is definitely notchy in comparison to the MOS trigger setup. I prefer its break weight better, however; feels less that a disaster is about to happen with this one.

With my MOS on the sidelines until today and life getting in the way as well, I haven't taken either to the range yet. It going to be interesting to shoot these two side-by-side. Hopefully in the next day or so...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:

What does a heavier trigger return spring do other than make the trigger heavier? I put a lighter return spring in my G23 and it took about 1.5# off the overall weight without effecting anything else.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:

What does a heavier trigger return spring do other than make the trigger heavier? I put a lighter return spring in my G23 and it took about 1.5# off the overall weight without effecting anything else.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can explain, but I don't believe the Glock trigger spring is actually a trigger "return" spring. The standard coiled Glock trigger springs work against the striker spring and assist trigger pull. The trigger spring is under tension before the trigger is pulled and works with you. A heavier trigger spring and/or lighter striker spring will reduce trigger pull weight. The trigger reset is done by the striker being released and moving forward not the trigger spring. The NY style trigger springs work differently. A heavier NY spring will make the trigger pull heavier.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
My two recent converts:

These two join two previous ZEV-triggered Glocks. I expect them to perform just like my previous pair. The ZEV doesn't really clean up the mushy nature of a Gen4, but the pull is smoothed considerably, the break lighter and crisper. Both these two are complete ZEV trigger sets, whereas my earlier ZEVed guns were done only with ZEV trigger bars in conjunction with factory parts and aftermarket bits (like the connector and springs) sourced from others. The MOS G19 as currently configured is most definitely the scarier trigger of the two.

In the MOS I went ahead and installed ZEV's 2lb striker spring and their striker safety plunger and accompanying spring. This strictly range gun (in this setup) has a 3 to 3 1/2lb break according to my manual Wheeler gauge. Takeup is a bit spongy but very smooth compared to factory setups, and you just roll right through the break as the stacking point isn't particularly firm or sharp. However this is a trigger that still can be staged, but it's uncomfortably easy to unintentionally set off with this one, as I've encountered with dry fire practice. Before I get serious about live fire, it may get a return to stiffer springs to heavy up the pull and break.

Off-topic, sort of: I've just gotten the gun put together as the replacement MOS #2 plate courtesy of Glock CS arrived today. Actually they surprised me by sending the ENTIRE MOS plate set, and not just the #2 plate that I broke and subsequently asked for. However the set I ORDERED from Glock's online store is nowhere to be found; the last email I received from Glock was that it would arrive by June 1, a whole two weeks from when the order was initially placed. Honestly, I didn't realize that FedEx had services that SLOW.

Back on topic, well sort of: the regular Gen4 G19 is the one with the Bullseye sight. Originally I was going to leave the gun stock but I had this ZEV trigger set just lying around doing nada, and one thing lead to another. It's definitely got a heavier pull that breaks around 4.5 to 5+ pounds. Without modifying anything else, the takeup is definitely notchy in comparison to the MOS trigger setup. I prefer its break weight better, however; feels less that a disaster is about to happen with this one.

With my MOS on the sidelines until today and life getting in the way as well, I haven't taken either to the range yet. It going to be interesting to shoot these two side-by-side. Hopefully in the next day or so...

Did you do anything to the striker itself? I get light strikes on anything other than federal primers with Zev's 3# striker spring that comes in the "competition" spring set.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can explain, but I don't believe the Glock trigger spring is actually a trigger "return" spring. The standard coiled Glock trigger springs work against the striker spring and assist trigger pull. The trigger spring is under tension before the trigger is pulled and works with you. A heavier trigger spring and/or lighter striker spring will reduce trigger pull weight. The trigger reset is done by the striker being released and moving forward not the trigger spring. The NY style trigger springs work differently. A heavier NY spring will make the trigger pull heavier.

Yes, this.

My Gen 4 glock went from a 7# trigger to a 4.5# trigger with the installation of the Zev "extra strength" 6# trigger spring and a polished "-" connector. Their reduced power 3# striker spring took it from 4.5# to 3~#, but reduced reliability to only federal primers.

Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Either Apex or Overwatch Precision.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you do anything to the striker itself? I get light strikes on anything other than federal primers with Zev's 3# striker spring that comes in the "competition" spring set.

Good to know. The MOS G19 has a ZEV striker spring installed, but I have not put it through live fire yet. The other G19 has the stock spring still installed. I will say that with dry fire that the ZEV spring is rather noisy in a scratchy kind of way, and not really a confidence inspiring sound at that. I'll bring a variety of factory ammo and see what happens. Hopefully this coming Sunday I'll have enough time to run both.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Zev Fulcrum for my G41... otherwise I would have sold the pistol.

Don't like Gen4 trigger at all.

Only issue I've had is with the lightened firing pin.

It sometimes protrudes and keeps a round from chambering, cartridge rim hits tip and locks.

I will either go back to factory firing pin or replace the firing pin spring.

Zev is wonderful.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I had the ZEV Professional Fulcrum in my G17 and it made a huge difference. I bought the kit with the lightened striker with springs and polished safety plunger with spring. My only complaint was the lightest spring gave me problems with harder primers. As long as I used federal primers I could use the lighter spring and get the lightest trigger pull.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Triggers i like, in no order, Overwatch TAC and DAT, APEX, and IGFS. I have not tried a Agency trigger yet, but i know a lot of people love them

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I really like the Travis Haley Skimmer trigger, but it's more a carry trigger vs competition/range toy. Shorter take up, crisp break and reset, but not much lighter. The 9mm version seems to yield more consistent results.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat Vanek and DK triggers for Glocks.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post