SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When it rains a couple guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When it rains a couple guns Login/Join 
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
My ( 1980's) roommate used to buy houses, fix them up and flip them.
He found a Berretta model 950 in .22 short, tucked above a beam in the basement of one house.
He sold it to me for $40. I still have it. It is in like new condition.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
He found a Berretta model 950 in .22 short, tucked above a beam in the basement of one house.

I know someone who found a pistol in the same way/place.

Funny thing is there's one hid in my basement, same place. I will no doubt drop dead without anyone knowing it's there either. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
A couple of things my dad taught me when I was young:

Integrity is doing the right thing. even when nobody is looking.

And:

I also believe that the heirs should have first rights to claim the property found.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I had a coworker in my prior profession who hid his guns and other valuables in a similar manner. If anything unfortunate had ever happened to him the ceiling in his condo would've been a small treasure trove for someone who followed.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:

And:

I also believe that the heirs should have first rights to claim the property found.

Get off your high horse! I don't own the guns, the owner of the apartment buildings does. If he wants to contact the "heirs" then that is his prerogative. Thanks for the unsolicited advice Moses. Funny, you seem to have no problem when it comes to stealing music though.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:

And:

Get off your high horse! I don't own the guns, the owner of the apartment buildings does. If he wants to contact the "heirs" then that is his prerogative. Thanks for the unsolicited advice Moses. Funny, you seem to have no problem when it comes to stealing music though.

And, when the heirs turn the keys over to the landlord, they relinquished ownership of anything left in the apartment to the landlord.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post