SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up Sig P320 X5 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up Sig P320 X5 Legion Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Had it on order for a couple of weeks, finally came in Monday and picked up last night a P320 Legion X5. Came in and the MGR put it on his desk so no counter Jockey fingering the gun, came out of the box in the plastic bags, greasy and brand new.

Got it home and unboxed it, all the components are bagged from the factory, 3 mags, two springs 14 and 12 pound, cleaning tool, manuals, lock.

Obligatory shot of the gun with case, not as artsy as some but hey, I'm in the garage with a cigar and Get Carter on the toob...

Family schedules have a lot going on so I hope to get to the range this week and will report.

Think I"ll pick up a Romeo1 optic for it.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Nice! Smile Enjoy it and it should be one heck of a fine shooter.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having made changes to my P320F that incorporate most of what's in the Legion, I came to the conclusion that it's actually less expensive and a lot easier to just get a Legion.

I have several Legions (P226, P229, etc), and in my opinion they're mostly cosmetic and marketing hype, but the P320 Legion is actually a pretty good value, considering what's on it and what one would have to do to get the pistol there, if it didn't come that way.

As the sig pistols come, it may be one of the best values they offer.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a range report. This is the first 320 I've seriously considered buying.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Having made changes to my P320F that incorporate most of what's in the Legion, I came to the conclusion that it's actually less expensive and a lot easier to just get a Legion.

I have several Legions (P226, P229, etc), and in my opinion they're mostly cosmetic and marketing hype, but the P320 Legion is actually a pretty good value, considering what's on it and what one would have to do to get the pistol there, if it didn't come that way.

As the sig pistols come, it may be one of the best values they offer.

I had a matched pair of 320 Xfives, and bought the tungsten infused grip for one of them.
It's heavier.
I ran a couple of drills, with a timer, and was surprised that I wasn't any faster, or, more accurate with one pistol, over the other.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the TXG grip.

It won't make someone a better shooter, but it does offer advantages; the better one shoots, the better one is equipped to take advantage. (It may be true that the less one needs it, either).

I like the weight, and coupled with a light load, it makes for a very low recoil, easy to shoot pistol. It feels more like a steel pistol.

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I am seriously considering moving to a X5 or X5 Legion as my steel challenge pistol(s). I have this fall/winter to decide before the season begins in the spring.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I really like it! If it had been available, I may not have bought the CZ Shadow 2.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun. My next want! Hopefully someone local will want to offload one soon so I can get a hold of it cheaper before I break down and buy a new one.

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I got to handle one of these at the LGS for the first time today. I will say I was impressed. Plastic guns don't usually really do it for me, but the x5 had good heft to it and felt more like an alloy-framed gun. The sights were nice, too. I'd love to shoot one, but that won't likely happen for a while, if ever. They had it marked down to $950, which seemed fair, but a lot more than I can afford to spend at the moment.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very interested to hear how that thing shoots; congrats!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new 320 Legion has a tungsten matrix blended in the polymer making it significantly heavier than the standard 320 frames. Cool idea for a polymer competition gun.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a metallic appearance inside the mag well (like something is showing through the plastic in places); it looks to me like there are actual slabs in there, or plates, rather than just a powder in the plastic, but no way to tell for sure. There is a lot more weight in the grip than into the dust cover area; it doesn't appear to be simply because the grip has most of the material, but I suspect that there are plates in addition to the grip weight, in the grip area.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its been a busy week, in fact I couldn't get to the LGS to pick it up for a few days and then not until 7:30pm hope to get up there soon to shoot it.

Speaking of the weight, it is heavy, according to the Sig Bible of Weights, 43.5 oz empty...

Compare that to a Legion P220 - 30.4 oz or a P226 at 34 oz

So yeah, it's got some bulkitude....

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I've had mine a bit over a month now. It is a fantastic shooter.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
I am seriously considering moving to a X5 or X5 Legion as my steel challenge pistol(s). I have this fall/winter to decide before the season begins in the spring.

Both of my xfives are the most accurate, PLASTIC guns I've ever fired. Both will shoot 1" groups @ 25 yards with loads they like.
Even though I put a Legion grip on one of them, I haven't fired an actual Legion, to see if they are as accurate.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Both of my xfives are the most accurate, PLASTIC guns I've ever fired. Both will shoot 1" groups @ 25 yards with loads they like.
Even though I put a Legion grip on one of them, I haven't fired an actual Legion, to see if they are as accurate.

Excellent. Thank you for your impressions.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to get one. Does anybody know if Sig has plans to do an X5 Legion in 40SW?

Posts: 26 | Registered: March 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the legion in .40, but I just picked up a P320F in .40. I have a spare TXG grip that will go on it, and it will get the Grayguns fat guide rod and competition trigger, plus some Trijicon XR sights. No plans for an optic for now, but that's a matter of getting it milled if I go that route some day.

Local store, in the used counter, not a mark or scratch. If someone fired it, they didn't fire a magazine through it. Red box, looks like it was bought, never used, and sold. 380 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

Looks like it could be a really soft shooting minor pistol, but easy enough to bump up to major for some flexibility.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I don't know about the legion in .40, but I just picked up a P320F in .40. I have a spare TXG grip that will go on it, and it will get the Grayguns fat guide rod and competition trigger, plus some Trijicon XR sights. No plans for an optic for now, but that's a matter of getting it milled if I go that route some day.

Local store, in the used counter, not a mark or scratch. If someone fired it, they didn't fire a magazine through it. Red box, looks like it was bought, never used, and sold. 380 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

Looks like it could be a really soft shooting minor pistol, but easy enough to bump up to major for some flexibility.

That's a great idea. The market seems to be saturated with so many of the new offerings in 9mm only.

Posts: 26 | Registered: March 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post