SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 Legion SAO or.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 Legion SAO or..... Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted
A CZ Shadow 2?

I had my mond set on picking up a CZ Shadow 2. Then a week or so ago I heard about Sig's plan to release the Legion P229 in SAO.

I own a Legion P226 in SAO and absolutely love it! I went up to my favorite gun shop yesterday and fondled the CZ again. Man do I really like that gun. It was really hard to put it back in the showcase and not bring it home. I actually woke up this morning thinking about that gun! Price point for both guns is about the same. I am first on the list for a P229 SAO if one shows up, but I really like the CZ.

Who knows when the Legion P229 will hit the stores is anyone's guess. Hmmmm.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
The P229 won't be very much different from the P226. If you like to stick to the same style platform or manual of arms, go with that. If you like diversity in your collection, go CZ. My vote is CZ, never shot one but it's on my list also. I do own a Legion P229 da/sa and love it.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
The P229 won't be very much different from the P226. If you like to stick to the same style platform or manual of arms, go with that. If you like diversity in your collection, go CZ. My vote is CZ, never shot one but it's on my list also. I do own a Legion P229 da/sa and love it.

I would love to shoot a CZ Shadow 2 before buying one.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion SAO!

I’ve shot a CZ75 on several occasions—I am not a fan. I do realize I am in the minority.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Apples and orangutans.
One is a competition pistol and the other is a compact carry pistol.
What do you plan on using your new pistol for?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two very different platforms, it's also a personal preference and what is going to be use for. I really like my 226 Legion sao, for the features and price in my opinion the 226 Legion sao is hard to beat. As a defensive tool I would go with the 229.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The P229 Legion SAO

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Apples and orangutans.

Just shooting. I realize the P229 is compact enough to carry, but would not be used for that. So the P229/CZ Shadow 2 would only be for shooting and having fun.

posted Hide Post
I made almost that same choice but mine was P226 SAO Legion vs. Shadow 2. I went with the Legion and never looked back. If they’d had the P229 SAO Legion at the time I would hve gone for the P229 since I favor the P229 over the P226. Get the P229!

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
Apples and orangutans.

Just shooting. I realize the P229 is compact enough to carry, but would not be used for that. So the P229/CZ Shadow 2 would only be for shooting and having fun.

You already own a Legion SAO in the 226. So, why not get something a little different in the Shadow 2?

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
Apples and orangutans.

You already own a Legion SAO in the 226. So, why not get something a little different in the Shadow 2?

You're right. That's the way I am leaning. I am going to get a Shadow 2 and one day when I have some more gun money maybe grab a P229 Legion SAO.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Even though you're planning on the purchase as being more of a range gun...

If you go with the CZ, one thing to be aware of is the edge contouring/faceting on its slide. Regular CZ75 slides already have minimal height to them, but the angled faces CZ machined into the Shadow 2 slide really affects my ability to get a fast, firm purchase on its slide. Regular 75 slides are already short as it is, but the Shadow 2 for me takes it to another level. I overhand rack my pistol slides into battery and the slide on the Shadow 2 makes that technique rather annoying and difficult. Even slingshotting the slide is kind of weird because of the slope in the side faces. The cross-section of the slide is trapezoidal with additional chamfers as the side faces transition to the horizontal top. In other words, there's no vertical planes/faces to grab onto which for me makes the gun rather unappealing to operate. YMMV, but I've noticed similar reactions from customers who've also handled our display model.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the 229 Legions out yet?

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held a shadow this last weekend. THe p229 legion SAO i did not see. The shadow was nice, but I think there quite a few in that price point that I would look at. Legion being 1, p229 elite sao being another.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:
Are the 229 Legions out yet?

I have not seen one yet. Even when they announced them I don't think Sig mentioned a release date.

posted Hide Post
So has there been any update about this since the previous post in May? Anybody hear anything about it being shipped?

Thanks.
-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been on the SIG website for a week or two now. That is usually a good sign.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Even though you're planning on the purchase as being more of a range gun...

If you go with the CZ, one thing to be aware of is the edge contouring/faceting on its slide. Regular CZ75 slides already have minimal height to them, but the angled faces CZ machined into the Shadow 2 slide really affects my ability to get a fast, firm purchase on its slide. Regular 75 slides are already short as it is, but the Shadow 2 for me takes it to another level. I overhand rack my pistol slides into battery and the slide on the Shadow 2 makes that technique rather annoying and difficult. Even slingshotting the slide is kind of weird because of the slope in the side faces. The cross-section of the slide is trapezoidal with additional chamfers as the side faces transition to the horizontal top. In other words, there's no vertical planes/faces to grab onto which for me makes the gun rather unappealing to operate. YMMV, but I've noticed similar reactions from customers who've also handled our display model.

I'd never really paid attention to the slide contour on CZ's I've seen at matches, but what you describe would explain why I sometimes see people with ridiculously tall rear sights on their CZ's. Like they are suppressor height, but w/o a threaded barrel. I've seen them use them for racking the slide.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I sold and traded off several guns I didn't shoot much, including a 229 Legion and a 226 SA/DA Legion so I could buy a Shadow 2 and lots of ammo.
It was a fantastic decision! Love the CZ I have a 226 SA Legion still but never shoot it.

I vote the CZ Shadow 2!!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post