SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who has a G35 converted to .357
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has a G35 converted to .357 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Friend is selling a G35, and I'm seriously thinking about buying it and a conversion barrel for .357. Seems like it would be a lot of fun from that platform. Anyone have one?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have one. If they allowed it, I would replace my 31 with the 35 as my duty weapon but they won’t since it’s not a factory barrel. I’m using an alphawolf barrel. I took the .40 barrel out while the store was calling in the check and ended up selling the barrel later. Never even shot it once in .40

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was considering the same thing except with a G24. But someone else wanted it before I could get it. Also was going to get a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for it as well since I always wanted a G17L. But could never find one.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I picked up a $350 LEO turn in to do just this with it. I haven’t yet because I vaporlocked on a barrel. I need to finish this project.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I want to get a 357SIG barrel for my G40

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G35 gen 3 with a KKM .357 Sig barrel. Internals are factory, with a minus (-) connector.

It has an agency arms minimal mag well, Trijicon HD XR sights (orange front), and a Vickers slife stop release with a factory extended mag release.

The pistol was purchased used, police surplus, from Recoil Gunworks. It's got a laser-etched Oldham County Police logo on the right side of the slide, and shows a bit of holster and use wear. I put a new recoil spring assy in it. I'm keing the .40 barrel, probably a more convenient, cheaper, and easier to reload option for the range.

I have a G31 gen 4 which commutes with me daily, which I think feels and balances just a bit better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The only things I did to it other than the Lone Wolf Alphawolf barrel were Ameriglo Suppressor Height tritium sights, Suarez Patrol Trigger, Magpul Magwell using the medium beavertail. I didn't change anything else. I tried the RMR for awhile and just didn't like it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do. I dropped in a Bar Sto barrel and use Vickers controls with a frame modification by Boresight Solutions. I shoot it frequently. I managed to break a slide catch, but replaced it and it still shoots great.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I did it with a KKM barrel. Fun gun to shoot.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my dream "frankengun" set up.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one with a 9mm conversion barrel, ran like a watch. Even with the 40cal ejector housing and 40cal mags, it never bobbled.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same setup as walker77, KKM .357 barrel. More fun to shoot than the .40, although I also have a KKM threaded barrel in .40 for suppressor use.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
The only things I did to it other than the Lone Wolf Alphawolf barrel were Ameriglo Suppressor Height tritium sights, Suarez Patrol Trigger, Magpul Magwell using the medium beavertail. I didn't change anything else. I tried the RMR for awhile and just didn't like it.

What kind of numbers are to getting out of that setup?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Assuming you mean velocities?

Not sure. I don’t have access to a chrono.

I’ll ask around to see if anyone local has one to loan.

I want to know how fast some Underwood ammo is.

Years ago at a body armor shoot, our Ranger duty round was averaging 1360fps out of a Glock 31.

Not minority enough!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I want to get a 357SIG barrel for my G40

Had a Glock 21 and converted it to .38 Super.

With a G40, you could stuff about half a box of ammo into a Kriss Vector magazine. Think of it like a 25 +1 for .357Sig or 10mm. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I converted my 35 to 9mm with a KKM barrel. The thing shoots like a laser.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post