SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Star BM 9mm finally came in...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Star BM 9mm finally came in... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...looks like it was never shot but probably carried or in a big box somewhere. The bluing looks good, just some rough spots. I look forward to the range. It is just a fun gun, not a self-defense type of gun. If I'm using it for that, the $hit has hit the fan!

Next to my FEG Hi-Power copy...

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need a Ballester Molina next. Then perhaps a Sistema.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Interesting you say that as my LGS has a Sistema, chrome plated (looks it), an Argentine 1927. I was looking at it yesterday....two problems, losts of rust and pitting and the shop wants just over a grand for it. I suppose all that can be fixed.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting you say that as my LGS has a Sistema, chrome plated (looks it), an Argentine 1927. I was looking at it yesterday....two problems, losts of rust and pitting and the shop wants just over a grand for it. I suppose all that can be fixed.

The first thing I'd fix is that price tag. Razz Rust pitted and refinished, probably in the hopes that thick enough plating might fill the pits? It isn't worthless if it shoots, but not worth a grand either.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I always liked the looks of the BM and the PD. That is a fine looking Star, I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Why not carry it?

I carried both a Star PD (One of three guns I regret selling) and a BKM (aluminum frame BM) for a long time in the 80s.

Both would have gotten the job done if called on.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Numrich has the wood grips in case you're interested.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us know after you shoot it, if its a one, two, three, or four star. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

WAY overpriced. Nothing special about a Sistema, they're just a complete copy of a colt. The Ballester is interesting. I had a Ballester Rigaud (precursor to the molena) for a while and sold it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
Shame about the M1927 Sistema pistol you saw. I love my two (both Navy models; one polished blue, the other Parkerized), and their build quality is simply fantastic. God were these insane values back in the 90's... Saw one NIB with test target go for $3500 on GB awhile back.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Why not carry it?

I carried both a Star PD (One of three guns I regret selling) and a BKM (aluminum frame BM) for a long time in the 80s.

Both would have gotten the job done if called on.

I have multiple Glocks, HK, M&P, Sig or CZ for that duty. No need for a gun made in 1977 (as mine was), to be a duty carry weapon.

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Does the Star BM 9mm shoot JHP? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet. I have no doubt it will feed FMJ like butter but JHP, no idea. Mine was made in 1977, seems unlikely.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Mine fires 124gr non-+P Gold Dots fine. Only one box of 50 (trying to take it easy with full power loads) through my example but performance was flawless.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post