SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A question for us older revolver guys
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question for us older revolver guys Login/Join 
Retired old fat motor cop
posted
This is a bit off topic, bear with me. Like a fool I let my M65 3” go some years back. I regretted it soon after.years of waiting for a reasonable priced one were unsuccessful, so I did what any good Sigforum member would do..I took an old PD issued 65 and brought it up to Karl Sokal at Chestnut Mountain Sports in Vermont

I got it back a few weeks ago with 3” barrel big dot tritium sight, the square butt is now RB perfectly mated to the VZ grips I sent up. The action is fantastic and it’s bead blasted with a polished ring on the rear of the rear of the cylinder I can’t wait to get it to range (I have to requal the troops next week)

The point of this long winded for me post, old school gun needs a suitable holster. I believe DeSantis used to make a K frame holster with an attached flap cover 6 rd holder. For the life of me, I can’t remember the name of the model. This is hindering my search for holster, so SF members, can anybody remember this holster so I continue my quest? Thanks in advance. Steve

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If you don't have any luck with this, Milt Sparks can custom make a holster for you. You may need to send the gun to him, but it should outlast your grandchildren.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to your range report. The 3" S&W K frames occupy a sweet spot for carry guns.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duty type holster?

Quick check on Ebay found a couple.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/SD-Myre...c:g:rrUAAOSwacVav-3q

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage...f:g:i80AAOSwpaxayQcm

The old Meyers is pretty cool.

The 3” K Frame is THE fighting revolver. I have one I’ve carried many a mile. I bought a spare 15 or so years ago that sits in the safe.

Ebay is a great source for old holsters.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sgt127. Concealed

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Please post pics when you can. That sound amazing and I would love to see it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
the holster to which you refer in the OP does exist. I have one. Unfortunately, all it says on the back is DeSantis, L.I. N.Y. it has 6 loops covered by a velcro flap that constitute the front of the belt tunnel. It also has a forward rake, and a safety snap over the hammer.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to second the request, sir, for a picture or two of your modified M65. I'm especially curious about the new barrel crown and sight installation. Three inch M-65's, from what I have seen, command more on the auction site than 2.5-in M66's - or at least as much ...

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LtJl, that is it!
Can you post a pic?

posted Hide Post
If this old fart can ever post pics, I will

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
SF Member Ryan Grizzle makes a great detachable "pancake" style holster called the Georgia Snap 2 (GS2) that I think would serve you well. In addition to be comfortable, concealable, and secure, the snap detachable aspect is also very convenient.

http://rgrizzleleather.com/owb-holsters.html

Here's a look at one he made for my CZ75 Compact in "Nicotine" colored elephant hide.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
SPG, I'll E-mail you some pics. I don't have a new photo host yet.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
pics sent. post 'em if you want to.

posted Hide Post
John, I got them, I don’t have a host either :-(

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
just use imgur.com - its free and you don't need an account. Or, email to me and I'll post the links

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post