Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEG 37M Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I bought a FEG 37M this weekend. Now I'd like to know about it and thought I'd ask the group here. I will add pictures in the next day or so. It is in great condition, and I got it for what I think is a fair price ($280). It is .380, not the more collectible .32 ACP, so it most likely has no Nazi history.

Thanks

Dan

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A favorite pistol of the Luftwaffe.

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I can not tell you much about them, however I do own one.

Mine was bring back that belonged to my Great Grandfather.

The one I have has a 200 pound trigger pull Smile Ok not 200, but it is REALLY heavy.

I have not shot it in three or four decades. I only keep it because it was my Great Grandfather's.

I think I will pull it out and do a photo or two of it this week. It has been too long since I thought about Gramps and his pistol.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a fair price.

I picked up my Femaru 37M in .380 several years ago for $200. It dates to 1942. They are nice little pistols.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here are the pics of the 37M:

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@winter_war:

Thanks for posting your image, and I'm glad you know your year of manufacture. Mine must be a bit newer as it has a higher number.

I'd love to know the story behind this pistol- captured, surrendered, how did it get to the USA?

I was wondering about the crown - yours is different from mine, and I found http://www.hungariae.com/From37.htm. that seems to have a bit of info, and indicates mine was made in 1944 and accepted by the Hungarian Army. then they went to Nazi contract production.

Dan

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
WOW, your pistols are really new.

Mine is an oldie

When I put it away (decades ago) I coated it in Birchwood Casey Sheath. I only cleaned some of it off for the photo.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Boston:
@winter_war:

Thanks for posting your image, and I'm glad you know your year of manufacture. Mine must be a bit newer as it has a higher number.

I'd love to know the story behind this pistol- captured, surrendered, how did it get to the USA?

I was wondering about the crown - yours is different from mine, and I found http://www.hungariae.com/From37.htm. that seems to have a bit of info, and indicates mine was made in 1944 and accepted by the Hungarian Army. then they went to Nazi contract production.

Dan

The finish on yours looks a lot better than mine. Mine has some holster wear and has more of a brownish patina to it under a bright light.

Manowar's page says the crown stamp on mine is a "St. Stephen's Crown acceptance mark. Believed to be a non-military Hungarian mark: police/civilian/export mark."

It also has the E inside a circle, but it's stamped on the muzzle end of the slide. Manowar says it's a "Hungarian Army acceptance mark."

It's anyone's guess how they wound up over here. My guess is that they are most likely GI bring-backs over the years.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
WOW, your pistols are really new.

Mine is an oldie.

When I put it away (decades ago) I coated it in Birchwood Casey Sheath. I only cleaned some of it off for the photo.

Looks like yours dates to 1940. It's still looking pretty good after all those years!