SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I made a mistake buying a G19X
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I made a mistake buying a G19X Login/Join 
posted
I just pick up a G19X locally and all can say is I like it more than I expected, now I see myself wanting a back up G19X and a G45 witch is a big problem for my wallet Smile.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I just pick up a G19X locally and all can say is I like it more than I expected, now I see myself wanting a back up G19X and a G45 witch is a big problem for my wallet Smile.

I passed on the 19X when I bought my 45. Both felt awesome in the hand, but I’ve never been one to keep a tan weapon for very long. I still kinda want a 19X though

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Now you have gone and done it..

Stay away form them....as far as you can otherwise you will buy more.

They have been keeping my X Carry in the safe.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I made the same “mistake” back in October. It feels great in hand, points well, and shoots great; what’s not to love?

I may have to repeat that mistake again! Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After handling a G45 weeks ago decided to trade in a new 19.5 for one.This combo especially the grip really feels great to me.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I sold my 19X and bought a G45.
Should have waited for the G45 in the first place.. Roll Eyes

I thought I could learn to live with that baby poop brown, but it never did grow on me.

As well the G45 mag compatibility with my 15 other/older G17 mags is what led me to selling the 19X and buying the G45..

Thinking about buying a 2nd G45.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one; it's a glock. It feels nice in the hand, but for whatever reason I don't shoot it well, and thus far haven't been too enamored with it. I thought I'd like it. I shot it yesterday. I don't group well with it; what's a 2" group with anything else is a 5" group for me with the G19X.

It's not the pistol; there's nothing wrong with it, but for whatever reason, I don't shoot it well. I'm sure that would change with adequate time and ammunition, but it spends most of the time in the safe.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is (and it IS a guess) that Glock will discontinue the 19X. If you want one, get it soon.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
My guess is (and it IS a guess) that Glock will discontinue the 19X. If you want one, get it soon.
That would be my guess as well. Once sales die down a bit maybe, but then again who knows.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my best purchases.
My 19X has about 1200 rounds through it now with no problems. I don't mind the color personally and I've been carrying it since late Summer/early Fall.
OWB is best but I can pull off IWB with it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a Glock guy, but the new 43X sure felt good in my hand.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
I made a mistake buying a G19X too...

I had a comped/RDS Unity slide that needed a host. So I started looking at buying G19 frames, then G19X frames. I then found a pretty good deal on a G19X.

Turns out I like the 19X as a factory configuration. So I'll need to buy a G45 to scalp the frame from...

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I thought I could learn to live with that baby poop brown, but it never did grow on me.

As well the G45 mag compatibility with my 15 other/older G17 mags is what led me to selling the 19X and buying the G45..

So the 19X and 45 are essentially the same pistol but the 19X takes bespoke magazines that don’t work in any other Glocks, while the 45 can use Glock 17 and 18 magz?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

So the 19X and 45 are essentially the same pistol but the 19X takes bespoke magazines that don’t work in any other Glocks, while the 45 can use Glock 17 and 18 magz?

The G19X can't take Gen 5 mags (due to the baseplate). It does fine with previous gen mags.

The G45 is a Gen 5 and can take Gen 5 and prior mags.

The 19X mags are just G17 mags with the +2 extensions.

If you want to use Gen 5 mags in the 19X you can either swap baseplates of cut the small lip off the front strap of the grip.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Here is the issue when you use a G17 Gen 5 magazine in a G19X.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/i...16466159992.jpeg&f=1

Not imbedded since the pic is YUUUGE but you'll see.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm contemplating cutting the lip of my G19X so I don't have to think about it.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I'm contemplating cutting the lip of my G19X so I don't have to think about it.

same. That was a mistake to have that stupid little lip.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
I love mine, shoots great and the deal I got on it put it at the same price as a Gen 5 17. So Glock OEM night sights, two 19 round one 17 round magazine, and the full grip length for the same price of a Gen 5 17 with 3 17 round magazines and plastic sights.

With that said, I held the the Gen 5 17 yesterday and suddenly feel like I "need" one even though I will have to upgrade the sights and change the magazine base plates to work with my 19x.

If you have the means get the 19x, it is a great pistol. It might not fill a specific role in your collection other than it is very comparable to your other Glocks considering 2 is 1 and 1 is none. I like having back ups.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
I love mine, shoots great and the deal I got on it put it at the same price as a Gen 5 17. So Glock OEM night sights, two 19 round one 17 round magazine, and the full grip length for the same price of a Gen 5 17 with 3 17 round magazines and plastic sights.

With that said, I held the the Gen 5 17 yesterday and suddenly feel like I "need" one even though I will have to upgrade the sights and change the magazine base plates to work with my 19x.

If you have the means get the 19x, it is a great pistol. It might not fill a specific role in your collection other than it is very comparable to your other Glocks considering 2 is 1 and 1 is none. I like having back ups.

I have a G17 gen 5 and wouldn't give it up for anything, I did put a 10-8 rear sight, Dawson FO front and a Ghost connector. Out of the Glocks that I have that would be the one to use if I saw trouble coming my way.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I bought both guns when they were released. I changed the baseplates on the 45 mags to gen4 baseplates so I don't have to worry about mag issues. Both guns are great. I put gen4 Ameriglo Agent sights on both guns. It's my go to sights for all my Glocks now. The gen5 sight heights don't work for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post