SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I made a mistake buying a G19X
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I made a mistake buying a G19X Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I bought both guns when they were released. I changed the baseplates on the 45 mags to gen4 baseplates so I don't have to worry about mag issues. Both guns are great. I put gen4 Ameriglo Agent sights on both guns. It's my go to sights for all my Glocks now. The gen5 sight heights don't work for me.
Same here, Gen 4 sights for Gen 4 & 5 is perfect.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I forgot. I changed the sighrs on my gen5 19 to Ameriglo gen4 also. I now only buy Glocks with plain sights then change them. My newly issued duty gun’s sights were given away to a coworker when I installed the Ameriglos on it.

Here’s my 19X/45 carry bag.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
Now you have gone and done it..

Stay away form them....as far as you can otherwise you will buy more.

They have been keeping my X Carry in the safe.

How does it fit in that ALS holster. The ambi slide lock catches on mine but I have an older holster (2012).

TXPO

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I forgot. I changed the sighrs on my gen5 19 to Ameriglo gen4 also. I now only buy Glocks with plain sights then change them. My newly issued duty gun’s sights were given away to a coworker when I installed the Ameriglos on it.

Here’s my 19X/45 carry bag.

Your picture was too much for me and put me over the edge, I had to get a G45 Smile

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet picture...

How does the 45 compare in terms of balance/feel/recoil impulse to the Gen 5 Glock 17?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I don't have a gen5 17 to compare. My only full sized Glock is my gen4 21. I'm about to buy back my 2012 issued gen4 31 back on Wednesday so that's the only gun I have to compare it to.
Obviously, 357sig vs 9mm recoil impulse is different, but balance and feel is great. The shorter slide with full size grip balances better for me. Quicker from draw to target.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
Yep, Made the mistake with the 19X...then doubled-down with the G45 a month ago! They fill the need when I carry 9mm IWB (6'7" 240 so the full size grip is not a problem).

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
So the 19X and 45 are essentially the same pistol but the 19X takes bespoke magazines that don’t work in any other Glocks, while the 45 can use Glock 17 and 18 magz?

The 19X can use any G17 magazine except for the new Gen5 mag that has the extended lip unless you change floor plate to an older one, then it will fit the 19X.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post