SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grayguns custom P320 PELT trigger quietly arrives
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Grayguns custom P320 PELT trigger quietly arrives Login/Join 
Picture of Alma
posted
Looks like the Grayguns flat and curved trigger finally landed on its site complete with installation video. Again, this part alone acts a bit like a Glock 3.5lb connector and can take almost two pounds off of the pull. He also been working on a custom sear and sear springs but I didn't see those yet. Hey, it's progress!
https://grayguns.com/product/c...s-p320-trigger-pelt/

Posts: 253 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Report This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Measured results of installing each trigger and spring? Numbers are important too.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 347 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Recommended for carry, or competition only?

Not sure if the reduced weight puts it into comp only territory.

Posts: 5358 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Love the video. Can't wait to try one of these!

Posts: 4263 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Great video!! I can't wait to try one of these out.

Posts: 462 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't think that the flat trigger would be "production" legal...

Posts: 4740 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't think that the flat trigger would be "production" legal...

Read the description in the above link...

I am neither here nor there.

Posts: 7729 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
quote:

Read the description in the above link...

"Curved-face style approved for USPSA Production competition"

then to the previous poster's concern, I wouldn't think the trigger is designed for the competition market only.

Posts: 4740 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Shoot with a straight face, or go with the curved-face design which is USPSA Production division legal."

The way I read it, only the curved face is production legal.

Posts: 1229 | Registered: October 01, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You are correct. At this time the flat trigger would not be considered Production legal because it is not available on any P320 that is produced by Sig and on the approved Production gun list by USPSA.

The curved trigger matches the profile of the stock P320 trigger so that one would be legal.

If the P320 Target, X5, whatever Sig calls it hits the market and gets added to the approved Production gun list then the flat trigger would be OK.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
Installing just the trigger should be okay for carry/duty use. If you start changing out sears and springs then it would be better for competition only.

Posts: 253 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Report This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
The flat trigger would still be OK for Limited and 3-gun until the X5 is added to the list.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4882 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Report This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Yea, sign me up for one of these.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 9135 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I need one of each.

I done blowed it up real good.

Posts: 4373 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: December 31, 2009Report This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
One of my P320s has a seriously terrible factory trigger. When dry-firing, the trigger breaks, and then before it stops it has a very prominent click, almost like it's breaking again. I understand there are many 320s with this issue.. is there any chance the PELT will fix that issue for me?

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4587 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: November 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch the movie that is on Gray's site about the new trigger. It may answer your question.

Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 347 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Report This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
It sure did! Thanks.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4587 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: November 12, 2006Report This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'm going to watch the video later tonight but thoughts on this vs. an Apex? I.e. should I plan to sell my Apex and order a PELT?

Posts: 1071 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As I understand things:
An Apex kit is just about mandatory for a S&W M&P pistol. What Gray Gun is preparing to sell is a trigger, spring, and pin that will improve the trigger leverage of a SIG P320 so that the required trigger force is about two pounds-force less than required force out-of-the-box. Both kits (for quite different pistols) are well worth the cost and effort to install.

I may not understand the question. Mac

Mac in Michigan