SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will a Glock armorer at a GSSF match fix a problematic G42?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a Glock armorer at a GSSF match fix a problematic G42? Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted
there's a Glock match this weekend at my club.
I picked up a first gen 42 that has all the typical issues associated with this model.... slide lock issues, chambering failures, etc.

Will the certified armorer be able to upgrade it to a functional gun? Or does it need to be sent in to Smyrna for the upgrade parts?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
there's a Glock match this weekend at my club.
I picked up a first gen 42 that has all the typical issues associated with this model.... slide lock issues, chambering failures, etc.

Will the certified armorer be able to upgrade it to a functional gun? Or does it need to be sent in to Smyrna for the upgrade parts?

I would send it back to factory, if it were me.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I would send it back to factory, if it were me.

I guess I'm just trying to avoid having to ship it. Usually the match armorer can upgrade parts, just wondering if they can re-gut the 42 with the newest parts.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the armorer can/will upgrade your pistol to the latest parts. Question is will that fix the problem(s) you're experiencing. Chances are that may remedy the problem but for how long.
Perhaps call Glock and see if they'll provide with a shipping label on their dime.

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
If you think a parts switch will solve the problem, they have the ability to do that...assuming they have all the parts on hand.

I had them inspect a 1st gen G19 at a recent match and they upgraded all the parts, as would fit, to Gen3.

I wonder if they can't fix it on-site, if they'd be willing to take it back to the factory and save you the shipping expense

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
slide lock issues, chambering failures, etc.

How many more issues does "etc." indicates?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They wouldn't send a call tag for mine, which was over a year old. I asked the dealer I purchased it from to mail it, which he did for me at no charge, as a courtesy. Glock replaced a pantload of bits and pieces on the pistol, and all five of the magazines I had acquired in the course of several attempts to get it to work better. It still isn't entirely trustworthy. My LCP is far more reliable. Sad.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I brought a G42 when the first came out. I had no problems with mine other then a heavy trigger pull. I knew that Glock upgraded the connector so it took it to a GSSF match and the armorer replaced all the internal parts which improved the trigger pull greatly. They can't replace mags at a match but you can see if the upgrades help with your problem.

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
They should. We help host the local GSSF match every year, and one of our club members had the parts in his G42 upgraded last year.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Junkie
posted Hide Post
Did they fix it?

Posts: 338 | Location: USA | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If you bother glock enough they'll send you a call tag on their dime. They should take care of t if it's their fault. All other manufacturers do.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
A Glock Armorer at a GSSF match will basically swap about any part in the gun except for the slide or frame that is problematic. They are good guys. I had a brand new G20 Gen4 that I somehow bent the face of the recoil spring assembly. He just took the old one out, saw that it was bad and replaced it for free.

I believe you do have to be a GSSF member and also competing at the match to get visit the armorer but that's only fair.

GSSF is a pretty cool game. I wish SIG would do something similar. They may need to do something cool like that in order to wipe the mud off of their face after the recent recalls. MCX, MPX (not an official recall that I've seen but basically the same parts swap as with the MCX) and now the P320.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmdude:
Did they fix it?

I ended up getting hammered the night before at a new brewery that opened in my neighborhood. So didn't make it.
I'll bug Smyrna instead and get them to send me a return shipping label.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I ended up getting hammered the night before at a new brewery that opened in my neighborhood. So didn't make it.

Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post