SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning Buckmark, finally
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Buckmark, finally Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted
After many years of wanting a Browning Buckmark and a suppressor, I'm finally picking one up this weekend. For so many years I've had more places for the money than actually money. I've decided to get a lower priced model since I'm already planning to get a Tac-Sol threaded barrel and top rail. I'm thinking of a red dot like the Trij RMR or Steiner RDS. I haven't decided which can to get so I'm looking for suggestions not only on the can but also any mods you fine folks have chosen. Also seems like a good opportunity to show off your piece so pics appreciated.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, it really doesn't need much other than the threaded barrel and a rail. Buck Marks come with really decent factory triggers. My wife's has a Tactical Solutions barrel and rail. We have a Silencerco SS Sparrow and SWR Spectre II. Both are great but the Spectre II works a little better on pistols. If I had to choose one it would be that one.

The best accessory for your Buck Mark pistol is a Buck Mark rifle suppressor host. Those are a lot of fun...

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I take my red dot off when I clean my .22 LR pistol. If you do that too, get a red dot that holds zero for the off-on operation. Sadly, my OKO red dot doesn't.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
The Buckmark I had was very picky with bulk ammo. I do love their triggers though.

As for Can's I have the YHM Mite and wish I would have tried a few others before purchasing it. My buddy has a Sparrow and it is much more quiet to me with same ammo and gun. I would not buy a Mite again.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
My Buckmark loves ROUND NOSE, but hiccups with hollows.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
As for a can, I picked up a SliencerCo Spectre from dryfly and love it.

Do prepare yourself for the loooonnnngggg ATF wait.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That video appears to have put a smile on your face! Thanks for the input. I am not looking forward to waiting nearly a year. Last time I bought a can it took 3-4 months. Those were the days.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post