SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta APX compact -any owners out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta APX compact -any owners out there? Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted
I just handled a compact APX today and really liked it. Anyone have one or shoot one yet? Thoughts? Likes/dislikes. The trigger on this example was really nice overall.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own a compact but I did have the full size in 9mm. Great shooter and ergonomic. Trigger was about 6 pounds with a short reset. I sold it to finance another project. I kind or miss it and will be buying the Centurion within the next few weeks.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
I don't own a compact but I did have the full size in 9mm. Great shooter and ergonomic. Trigger was about 6 pounds with a short reset. I sold it to finance another project. I kind or miss it and will be buying the Centurion within the next few weeks.

I'm also interested on the centurion.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the full size, then the compact, and they were excellent pistols, but traded both for a Centurion then bought a second one. I do not want to overstate it, but the APX Centurion is an awesome pistol. One of the best I have owned and fired. I am limited to rounds, but is size, trigger and hand fit are fantastic.
Have about 600-700 rounds thru the 2, 5 different kinds of ammo, 115's and 124's, fmj and Federal HST +p and they are flawless. Very accurate, beautifully balanced, almost zero recoil, and perfect size.
They balance like my 19x, but little smaller.
I was very indifferent when the APX came out (i am a huge Beretta fan - primarily owned 92's but have had lots of other models, 84, 85, px4 etc..), But I am a big fan of the APX now. Especially the Centurion version.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to give the Centurion a look as well. LGS only had compact and full size.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
I just handled a compact APX today and really liked it. Anyone have one or shoot one yet? Thoughts? Likes/dislikes. The trigger on this example was really nice overall.

I just picked one up and I likey. I had the AP full size and just too big to carry. It fits a nice niche between the G19 and G26. Nice wide trigger too. The only thing I don't care for is the rear sight, with the notch being a little too wide. I'll end up replacing with some NS anyway. It was 100% with several different types of ammo, including Speer GD and HST 124gr and various ball ammo.

Very soft shooting, like the G19 Gen4. It's an improvement over the G26 in that I can get a full grip on it with the mag inserted.

Well balanced pistol.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post