SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Good discussion on trigger control and pre-ignition push - video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good discussion on trigger control and pre-ignition push - video Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

I was scrolling through the suggested videos on YouTube and came across this video. It's the clearest discussion on the scientific cause of trigger pre-ignition push (aka "the flinchies") I've seen, and how to mitigate it. The video was well done and enlightening. I tend to encounter this from time to time in my shooting and it's nice to understand what's going on. Take a look.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETQjJQT68w

Chris

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Very well elaborated. Thanks for posting.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Good video. I have an old GP100 Canadian re import in DA, that, if fired ball/dummy, or just stack dry fired, will slap you in the face with anticipation flinching. It makes it VERY clear what you're doing wrong.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched it several times. It's a great video. Chuck is very knowledgeable. There is about a three and a half hour podcast from Primary and Secondary that includes Chuck and several others discussing "the shot process." It is not very polished, but it is very good as well.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I want to go the the Gravel Pit Now -
Great Video and Thanks

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Great video, thanks for posting.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post