SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I should have known. Black slide G48/43x to be released.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I should have known. Black slide G48/43x to be released. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Black slide Glock 43x/48

About a week after I picked up a silver slide 48.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I picked up my second Glock ever (a 43X) precisely because of the silver slide. Different strokes I guess...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
Having owned several Glocks (19, 26, 36), the silver slide on my 43X is a nice change. Plus it's all about the marketing. They probably already had these made, sitting in a warehouse. They just had to wait, collect the data from the silver sales and scour the interwebs for the chatter about "I'll wait until they come out with a black slide". Just like Sig fanboys, the Glock fanboys will not blink and end up with both. They'll come out with the different color frames next when people start posting about wanting an FDE or Teal frame.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could care less how it looks as long is reliable and saves my life, I now carry a G48 and I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Black slide Glock 43x/48

Me, too, but no worries. The silver has grown on me.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I've been waiting for.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the silver G43X and G48. I don't like the color, but neither are show-and-tell pieces, and the finish is easy to clean. So there's that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So glut of cheap 43x/48 silvers slides cheap then? Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I just wish it had MOS...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And there goes my reason for not getting a G48....I have been saving some credit I have at the LGS so it may go towards one of these (or a Springfield Defender 1911, who knows. Good to have options).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I was told today they’ll be available July 22nd.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I found a distributor exclusive sniper gray cerakoted slide at the gun store yesterday. They told me it was a Lipsey’s exclusive. I came real close to getting it but with the all black factory finish right around the corner, I’ll just wait.

Another store only quoted me $60 above the regular models and that exclusive to get the Ameriglos on them. That seems like a deal, I’ll probably get that.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Black slide Glock 43x/48

I didn’t quite get why they released them in that order, as much as I like two tone signs, I kind of expect aGlock to be black and not flashy!

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slide surface treatment of both duotone slimline Glocks and G19x is less slippery and provides better traction, whether gripping by the cocking serrations or not. I showed this to two LGS sales folks just a couple of hours ago, handling the new all black 48 and the original 43x off their shelves. I find it more useful on guns with slimmer slides.
This wouldn't be the first time when functional improvements will be left unnoticed and bypassed for looks by gun shopping crowd.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That silver finish wears really fast; I got shiny spots after a day of carrying, only a few draws, in a kydex inside the waistband holster. After some presentations, there were clear shiny areas where the finish was wearing. Any texture is worn slick in those spots.

Personally, I liked the teflon "frying pan" finish that Glock used to put on some of the pistols. I have a number of pistols bought with that finish, and it's very easy to clean, and seems fairly durable. It was slick, but functional.

posted Hide Post
I've carried my 43L for quite a bit longer than a day, kydex AIWB, few presentations here and there, no wear on finish.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what a Glock 43L is, but my 43 has been carried and shot a lot in the past few years, and has nearly no wear showing. The 43X immediately showed wear on the silver slide.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Europe only.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7991 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I don't know what a Glock 43L is, but my 43 has been carried and shot a lot in the past few years, and has nearly no wear showing. The 43X immediately showed wear on the silver slide.

Sticking a 48 slide on a 43 and it's a long slide 43- "43L"

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, something made up, then. Got it. I thought perhaps it was an actual Glock model, as yet unannounced.

Yes, the slides and frames are interchangeable. There's no G43L, though.