SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 .40 Glocks Available October 2020
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 .40 Glocks Available October 2020 Login/Join 
posted
End Of An Era: No More GLOCK Gen4 Guns; .40S&W Will Go Gen5
In an effort to intelligently preserve and grow the GLOCK brand and deliver uncompromised quality and maximum customer satisfaction, we are focused on our mission of future-oriented manufacturing technologies. This includes extending the latest Gen5 technology enhancements to the .40 caliber line of pistols. Availability will begin in October; however, the focus will be on supporting existing .40 caliber agencies on transitioning to the latest technologies within the law enforcement market. While we will continue to support fielded Gen4 pistols and agencies with Gen4 models, we have stopped 9×19 and .40 caliber Gen4 productions for the US commercial market. We look forward to bringing the performance improvements of the Gen5 technologies to other areas of product development.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They perfected it at Gen3, for me at least

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be really happy about that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
They perfected it at Gen3, for me at least

Well you owe CA a debt of gratitude, because thats they only reason the Gen3 is still around! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear a Gen 5 G35 calling.

It's quite melodic.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’ll be picking up a new 27 in Gen5

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I have read says that they will initially be allocating production of Gen 5 .40s for agency purchases (if there are any left buying .40...). Maybe I will still be interested enough in .45 when they get around to those guns to grab a Gen 5 21 and 30

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting as my understanding was that the change from 2 pin to 3 pin was the 40s&w. They could of course roll out a 3 pin gen 5. I've got enough 40 kicking around to merit a G35 with a conversion BBL if they pop up at a reasonable price.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’ll wait patiently for the G20.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I’ll wait patiently for the G20.

That right there would be the heat

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take a Gen 5 G21 MOS please

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Interesting as my understanding was that the change from 2 pin to 3 pin was the 40s&w. They could of course roll out a 3 pin gen 5. I've got enough 40 kicking around to merit a G35 with a conversion BBL if they pop up at a reasonable price.

Gen 5 .40s have already been produced for the Latin American LE market. The locking block and ambi slide stop lever assembly is much more rigid than the Gen 4 and previous guns, almost certainly rendering the third pin unnecessary.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I feel that the breech face notch ( also known as the breech face cut ) makes the Gen 5 Glocks the best of the breed. No more brass to face or spastic ejection patterns. Very consistent 3 o'clock ejection with all loads and power levels. I only own Gen 5 Glocks now and look forward to Glock expanding the Gen 5 lineup. It is a big win for all of us.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to see and feel what these big caliber Gen5 pistols will be like. The earlier "Gen5" G22 that Glock proposed for the Brazilian military police contract a couple of years ago (and ultimately won last year) had a slightly bulkier and thicker (.08", or a little more than 5/64") slide to compensate for the deleted third cross pin. If I remember correctly, the Gen5 G22 weighed about 4 oz more than the Gen4.

I've been fairly content with my EDC Gen4 G23 trio, but I'd certainly like to shoot a Gen5 G23 to see if the presumably heavier slide makes for an even softer shooter.

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am interested to see what a Gen 5 G21 will look like. I have a Gen 5 G17 and it is almost my favorite Glock (that's currently the Gen 2 G17...for now...). I have read around the web (take it for what it's worth) that the new .40 will be about 3oz heavier and have a slide that is 2mm wider (25.5 to 27.5). The Brazilian Glock 22's and the .40 cal MHS submission had the wider slide and the two pin frame. The Brazilian Glocks underwent a 10K torture test with no lube or cleaning and passed. I believe Glock knows what they are doing and if they think a 2 pin frame will work it will. Quite honestly the move to a three pin frame after the 2 pin 40 cal issues way back when may have been the easiest/quickest solution at the time. Why spend years on R&D with no guns to sell when a quick fix will keep your items on the shelf? Especially seeing that .40 was THE most predominant caliber in LE and the G22 was rapidly becoming THE go-to service pistol at the time? They've had what, almost 20 years to look into the problem now? I bet they have it figured out.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Hope they introduce the 357 sig at the same time.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

Pig plus 1 !! Yes please.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
From a manufacturing standpoint makes a good deal of sense to only make the latest generation.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
From a manufacturing standpoint makes a good deal of sense to only make the latest generation.
unless places like California can only buy Gen 3 or earlier. At least that’s my understanding. Plus there’s a very healthy aftermarket for Gen 3s.

I imagine they’ll keep making gen 3s for a while.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

Yep. That would be great. Or at least offer the marksman 357sig barrel for each model.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post