SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally organized my P220's!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally organized my P220's! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Actually...isn't the pictured gun a good ol' 220 ST? Appears to be one of the newer production guns. Not trying to take anything away from an Elite...but are me eyes deceiving me?[/QUOTE]

I wondered about this because look at the beavertail on mine.....smaller than the one shown on SIG's current site.....
I like the smaller one better anyway.

I also switched the grips to those black aluminum as show.

The right side of the slide says Elite on it....go figure...

Posts: 36 | Registered: January 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mg1911:

Actually...isn't the pictured gun a good ol' 220 ST? Appears to be one of the newer production guns. Not trying to take anything away from an Elite...but are me eyes deceiving me?[/QUOTE]

I wondered about this because look at the beavertail on mine.....smaller than the one shown on SIG's current site.....
I like the smaller one better anyway.

I also switched the grips to those black aluminum as show.

The right side of the slide says Elite on it....go figure...[/QUOTE]

Agree on the beavertail....were the grips you changed out the soft Hogue rubber grips?

Possible Elite slide/barrel on a ST frame?? Nothing wrong with that set up right? Was the gun sold with the original case?

What you have is a beauty and a great shooter either way!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought it new last week at the SIG Pro Sop in New Hampshire.....then another Stainless just like it a few days later from SIG again directly.

All papers, box, and the Rosewood Grips....which I switched out while I was in the shop to the SIG Aluminum.
Hogue makes all of their grips anyway.

I shot the Stainless (Elite) again today and it is way more accurate than me.

At 25 yards I held over a Caldwell Rifle Rest bag and could bullseye the splatter targets I was using if I slowed down and concentrated on any one shot.

This is getting into my Wilson 1911 territory.....

I love these 220's!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Nice collection but you're missing this one.

Do you have one or like the Legion?
I haven't held one...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mg1911: This is getting into my Wilson 1911 territory.....

I love these 220's!

I traded my Wilson 1911 (estimated at a couple grand got a P210) when the $850 P220 kept outperforming it. Not that the Wilson was bad, not at all. The Landon was startling good.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post