SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your oldest 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your oldest 1911 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Geez...I don't even have one from the same century as the originator. The reality of being very late to the 1911 world. I've got Glocks that 3 times as old as my oldest 1911, which was purchased new around 2011/12 or thereabouts.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have a 70 Series Gold Cup and my Commander is from roughly the same era.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My father left me his 1918 vintage Springfield Armory 1911 that he bought from a family friend/neighbor in the 1950's. The gentleman had been issued the pistol in 1918 and carried it "Overthere" (in France), during the "Great War", as an officer/surgeon in the Medical Corps. Never used other than as a symbol of rank ASFIK, and he never got closer to the front than his basehospital, but it's still pretty cool! A few years ago I found an old "yearbook" of this unit and it contained pics of the doctor, both in uniform and in the operating room theater.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Colt Government model, circa 2015.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dec of 1918 manufacture, and the SN is from a block that went to USMC.

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have my late father's 1911 that he purchased through the DCM/NRA program in the late 50s or early 60s. Research indicated that it was manufactured in 1918. He paid either 15 or 20 dollars for it. Being a tool maker, he disassembled it, removed the parkerizing (leaving most of the proof marks), and gave it a black oxide finish. It is beautiful and can generate drool in an instant. It's sitting in my safe now

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Nice one! A 1953 Colt GM is the oldest one I've got.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one, a Nov. 1943 Ithaca made 1911A1.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1914 Colt in .455 auto calibre. I have had it since the mid 1950s

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
my Great Uncle who was J."BlackJack" Pershing's aide in WWI.

Outstanding!

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a commercial Colt Government Model SN11554, marked Marina Argentina on the right side of the slide. I think made in 1918.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
1918 Colt and a WWII Remington Rand IIRC around 1943.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Argentine Sistema, mid-1950's

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2013 Springfield Range Officer.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My only 1911 is a Commander LW from 1972.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Colt Government 1936 Civilian model

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
My birth year gun. A 1973 Colt Series 70.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I have a Colt and a couple Remington Rands from the mid 40's (cannot remember the exact years)

mid 60's commercials, got a couple that were converted to bullseye guns,
a Wilson long slide
a Chow
and a Shockey

series 70 (1975) Gov't Mod in 38 super,

one of my carry guns is a early 80's steel framed commander,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have a pre WWI USGI 1911 with one original two tone magazine.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post