SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Went on a straight trigger binge...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went on a straight trigger binge... Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
I’ve really enjoyed my P226 Legion SAO with the straight trigger and have been wanting to add them to some of my other SIGs. I’ve been on the Grayguns ‘notify me’ list for a couple of months and they finally emailed me a couple of weeks ago that their ‘P22xST Straight Trigger’ was back in stock and they even included a discount coupon. So, I ordered some and have, so far, put them on 5 pistols: Three X5s, one LDC and one P228. By the looks, the Graygun straight trigger is identical the one on the Legion.

I’ve shot them all and, to me, the action on the P226s (X5s & LDC) feels better. However, I don’t care for the straight trigger on the P228. It seems to increase the felt recoil and the end of my trigger finger gets a stinging sensation, not comfortable. I’ll be going back to the stock trigger on it. I’m also going to try them on some of my P220s… stick with the full size vs. the compacts.

Here's how they look now:

X5E Tactical & X5 Tactical (Gen 1)

X5E Allround & P226 LDC

P228

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You're a straight nut. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the 228 trigger has the most aggressive angle. That could possibly be the reason for the sting. The 2 x-fives in the first pic look much more vertical than the rest.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xtbone97x:
It looks like the 228 trigger has the most aggressive angle. That could possibly be the reason for the sting. The 2 x-fives in the first pic look much more vertical than the rest.

-Jeff
The difference in the angle is due to the two Tactical pistols (first photo) being SAO and the others are SA/DA.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xtbone97x:
It looks like the 228 trigger has the most aggressive angle. That could possibly be the reason for the sting.

It's just the angle of this pic.
quote:
The 2 x-fives in the first pic look much more vertical than the rest.

-Jeff

The two at top are SAO. The rest are DA/SA. That's why.

ETA: Tooky beat me this time. Razz

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Introduced fourteen years ago.

Discontinued in 2018.

Still kicking ass in 2019. Smile

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm nuts for straight triggers myself. I've put them in my 229, Legion226SAO, Glocks and I'm getting a 320 with one. Love 'em. That GGI straight trigger for the 229 is crazy good for me. I think Sig owes Bruce alot for the legions success. I've tried a 226 Legion DA/SA and to my hand the PSTR8 trigger feels the same.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Triggers and all aside, is you P228 one of the rare stainless framed pistols ? And the Gen 1 Tactical, those will always hold a special place for me. Nice to see a post showing that model.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer them as well, never really liked the Sig curved triggers. They just hit my arthritic trigger finger wrong. Not sure why they are not available on all Legions...

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Is that a stainless frame 228

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

No, not stainless, it's electroless nickel plated by Robar. It's the one I discussed in Q's thread a while back when we were all debating whether it was advisable to remove anodizing on alloy frames to refinish. It's a great thread and very informative with excellent, knowledgeable input from members, along with Q's in-depth research. It's worth looking up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

Abraham Lincoln

posted Hide Post
I always learn something here. Thanks guys

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

No, not stainless, it's nickel plated by Robar. It's the one I discussed in Q's thread a while back when we were all debating whether it was advisable to remove anodizing on alloy frames to refinish. It's a great thread and very informative with very knowledgeable input from members as well as Q's research.

She's beautiful.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Introduced fourteen years ago.

Discontinued in 2018.

Still kicking ass in 2019. Smile

Nice pistol! Just keep stocked with slide stop levers and manual safeties.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Tooky13, thank you for your great post! Now, is there something we can do to help you with your 228 trigger? In the interest of shameless marketing, you’d perhaps like to try our enhanced-leverage dual adjustable Straight Optimised Triggers, with matching GGI trigger bar?

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Tooky13, thank you for your great post! Now, is there something we can do to help you with your 228 trigger? In the interest of shameless marketing, you’d perhaps like to try our enhanced-leverage dual adjustable Straight Optimised Triggers, with matching GGI trigger bar?
You're welcome Bruce, I'm enjoying your triggers very much. In checking the specs of the Straight Optimized Trigger Kit on your website, it looks like it wouldn't work in the P228 shown above, as it doesn't have the DAK compatible frame. I do have some other P228s I'll check and, if they're compatible, I may give the kit a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Abraham Lincoln

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
You're welcome Bruce, I'm enjoying your triggers very much. In checking the specs of the Straight Optimized Trigger Kit on your website, it looks like it wouldn't work in the P228 shown above, as it doesn't have the DAK compatible frame. I do have some other P228s I'll check and, if they're compatible, I may give the kit a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

"Regular" P228 won't work. Only the following 3 variants will, as they have the DAK cut out in their frames.

1- The SAS frame P228 from 2009
2- The P228R from 2009 and 2011
3- The stainless frame P228 from 2012/2013

Q

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"Regular" P228 won't work. Only the following 3 variants will, as they have the DAK cut out in their frames.

1- The SAS frame P228 from 2009
2- The P228R from 2009 and 2011
3- The stainless frame P228 from 2012/2013

Yep, correct Q. I do have a P228R that has the DAK compatible frame matching the photo on Grayguns website. However, it has a short reach trigger that I really like and it’s an excellent shooter. I think I’ll be staying pat with it, as is.

Abraham Lincoln