SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New blanket for an old horse.... SP2340 gets a SP2022 makeover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New blanket for an old horse.... SP2340 gets a SP2022 makeover Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Bought this from a member here. I have a .40S&W barrel as well as the .357sig barrel that came in the gun.

Recently I found a new 9mm SP2022 slide and barrel combo complete and with night sights. The best of three worlds!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
The 2340 was introduced in 1998. This seems to be relative early after that #1129.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Nice. I recently picked up its brother in 9mm. Was planning on shooting it last weekend, but a funeral took priority. I like the look of that plus 2 in it. I need to get a few soon.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2340 in .357 and a 2022 in 9mm. Sig Pros are wildly underrated.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
I have a 2340 in .357 and a 2022 in 9mm. Sig Pros are wildly underrated.

I’d say “they never caught on” but then SIG keeps making them and apparently selling them, so, someone is buying and apparently making it worthwhile for SIG to continue making them.

At various times, there has been speculation if this or that gun will replace the Sig Pro. It’s never happened. Will it be the P320 now? Some people prefer hammer fired. I expect it will continue to cruise along.

There are contracts out there for LEO and Military that use it, so SIG must be making enough to keep it up.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
When I decided to get rid of my .40 229 and get a 9mm, I fired a friend's 2022. Had I not already been invested in holsters, spare parts, etc, for the 229 platform, I would have gone with the Pro. Such a great stock trigger!

I am still kicking myself for not jumping on one of the sub-$400 SigPro's that Top Gun had for sale a while back.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Sigh. My first Pro was a 2340 I bought from a buddy of mine back in 2003. Bought a factory 357 barrel and a Bar-Sto 9mm barrel. Then I bought a 2009 brand new right after the ban (2 15rd mags) for $425. Never fired it and sold it for a loss. Sold the 2340 too as I got out of the 40 caliber. Found a used but excellent TT 2022 9mm in 2006 in 9mm. Fell in love with the rail and squared triggr guard. Sold it to a buddy in Idaho 5 years later (after I had the small parts done to match the slide by CCR). I bought a new Exeter Pro but never warmed up to it. Hate the LCI. Sold it. Finally located an older German framed Exeter slide 2022 (no LCI) in 9mm and that one will never leave.

And to this day I wish I never sold the 2009..

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Ahh, I want one of these as well. I'm sad I missed the bandwagon when they were practically giving them away. That is a fantastic looking gun you've gotten yourself there.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a place to pick up a 9mm slide the for the 2340? I’d love to get one.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That pistol looks a lot nicer than my 2340's. They look all beat to hell, and they are. I'd like to find .357 barrels for them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
If I could just buy a 2340 “lower” I’d be really happy. I think they are the best looking Pros out there. I really don’t care for the 1913 style rail on the frame of my 2022.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
If I could just buy a 2340 “lower” I’d be really happy. I think they are the best looking Pros out there. I really don’t care for the 1913 style rail on the frame of my 2022.

I prefer the non-rail proprietary rail as well.

posted Hide Post
Reference the P2022 being "highly underrated". I read some place where the French military chose the Sig Sauer P2022 for their military and security forces.
I suspect, they being "French"they just chose a disguised P226 .....being French!
(Can anyone else verify this?)
If I offended any French members....didn't intend to.

Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
According to Wiki.

Users[edit]

A SP 2022 issued to the French National Police. The words "PROPRIETE DE L'ETAT" ("Property of the State") are apparent on the front of the slide, on the right side (bottom).
Bulgaria: Bulgarian Military police
Colombia: Colombian National Police, several thousand SP2009 and 120,890 SP2022[3]
Ecuador: The National Custom Services bought the SP2022 model for his personnel.[citation needed]
France: French law enforcement and internal security agencies (including the National Gendarmerie, National Police and French Customs), over 250,000 of SP 2022 (the largest single order for service handguns since World War II)[4]
Iraq: US-purchased SP 2022's were issued by MNSTC-I (Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq) to the Iraqi Army in 2005 [5]
Malaysia: Royal Malaysia Police (some 2,000 batches of SP2022 and SPC2022 pistols chambered in 9mm purchased in year 2007)[6]
Peru: SP 2022, National Police of Peru[7]
Portugal: SP 2022, Republican National Guard and Public Security Police[6][8]
Switzerland: SPC 2009, Swiss Military Police (as the Pistole 03).[6][9] and some state police departments[citation needed]
United States: Richmond police chambered in .357 Sig. To be used as a sidearm for the United States Army.