https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3470003944

November 08, 2018, 12:16 PM
Hamden106
239T or 225A
quote:
Originally posted by Tusk:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Er...I failed to ask in my earlier post. What in blazes does the 'T' stand for? A Google search just now yielded nothing.

T = Tactical - It came with a threaded barrel from the factory.

The P239 Tactical version of the pistol features a black Nitron finish, a 4-inch threaded barrel, SRT, and night sights.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
November 08, 2018, 12:27 PM
Tusk
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
quote:
Er...I failed to ask in my earlier post. What in blazes does the 'T' stand for? A Google search just now yielded nothing.

The P239 Tactical version of the pistol features a black Nitron finish, a 4-inch threaded barrel, SRT, and night sights.

Don't forget the forward slide serrations. Everybody always forgets the forward slide serrations.
November 08, 2018, 01:19 PM
colt_saa
Between the two platforms for a concealed carry firearm, I would go for the P239, but not the Tactical since I would want it chambered in 357SIG instead of 9mm Parabellum. I am extremely fond of the 357SIG's performance even in the short barreled P239

My preference for the 357 SIG cartridge is it's superb barrier penetration. You know doors, windshields, etc. Yes, I have had to put 4 rounds through a windshield and I was thankful that I did not have a 9MM Parabellum with me.

If I were looking to carry a SIG chambered in 9MM Parabellum, it would be the P290

The P290 pockets very nicely while the P239 is just too big for most pockets.

I have handled and fired the P225 but it does nto speak to me. I am not too sure what it is but if forced to choose between the two firearms in 9MM Parabellum chambering only, I would still opt for the P239 and I guess I would want the tactical so I could use a can

That is just a OEM threaded barrel chambered for 9MM Parabellum that I dropped into a 357SIG pistol

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com
November 08, 2018, 01:29 PM
CD228
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I absolutely love the p239 in 9mm with Hogue G10 Grips. I never had an issue with the feel of pistol once I dumped the factory grips. However, that's a personal opinion and YMMV.

I would have to recommend the current production 225 as you can currently get magazines and parts for it, for now any way. I prefer to own at least 4 or 5 magazines and P239 magazines are in short supply at the moment.

Heard anything about the P225A1 going away???

No, I have not.
November 08, 2018, 02:24 PM
Hamden106
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't forget the forward slide serrations. Everybody always forgets the forward slide serrations.

And 10 round mag

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
November 08, 2018, 07:49 PM
pedropcola
They share many parts. The whole 225 classic vs 225a1 thing is silly. Find me a 225 that has a better out of the box trigger than the 225a1. Not really gonna happen. They nailed the trigger on the new version. The SRT was just a bonus. Undercutting the trigger guard and checkering makes for a better handling gun to basically everyone except for the nostalgic types. Cue some blathering about balance of the older guns. I love you guys but this is basically nonsense. You guys probably like candy corn at Halloween too! lol

The 225a1 has two flaws if you call them flaws. One, the weird baseplate thing. Stick a normal non concave baseplate and add a round. Two, the lack of 40 or 357 options.

The first should be an easy fix, the second I don't care about but to some it is a legit gripe.

If you shoot 9mm the choice between these two guns would go probably 80% plus to the 225a1 in a blind shoot. 40 or 357 would obviously skew the results.

No one has shot my box stock 225a1 (x2) and not liked it. Best stock DA trigger out of box I have ever owned in a DA/SA pistol by a wide margin. (Not counting my LTT as box stock)
November 08, 2018, 08:30 PM
j38
I would pick the 239 instead of the 225A1 due to the fact that the trigger on the 225A1 curves right into the pad of my trigger finger. Ouch! The 239 shoots much like my 225s - very comfortable. My 2 cents: try them on for size before buying.

Jerry
November 08, 2018, 09:44 PM
pedropcola
Yea, I am not so sure of the above. I am pretty sure that the trigger of the 239 and 225a1 are interchangeable. Lots of parts are interchangeable and I am fairly confident trigger is one of them. Not really sure how it works for you on the 239 but not on the 225a1. I think you are imagining things.

The 225a1 causes a lot of consternation among the sig faithful. Most of it isn't justified.

I misspoke on my first post though. I changed out the issue red DAK spring that sig ships in the 225a1 for a standard 226 spring. World of difference. Not sure why the DAK spring is standard. So, it isn't the best box stock trigger of all time. lol. You have to swap out the mainspring for a regular P series mainspring.
November 08, 2018, 09:50 PM
2012BOSS302
I got a 239 because it came in 357 Sig. It's never disappointed me, solid and accurate. Grips, I tried stock, Hogue finger and G10 and like the G10 the best. If I was going 9 only, I would probably get the 225A1 - it is a great looking gun.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
November 09, 2018, 02:38 AM
soggy_spinout
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And 10 round mag

Oh. Didn't know that it was a thing. But no tac rail. How can anyone possibly be tactical without one? Razz
November 09, 2018, 04:55 AM
JDG
I've had both, sold both. For the capacity, I'd rather have the top heavy 239 because it's smaller. But after a range session with my M11-A1 and P225-A1, the M11 just makes so much more sense being almost the exact same size. The P225 is just too damn big for only 8rds is all.
November 09, 2018, 09:52 AM
pedropcola
Well having owned, and still do, multiples of both 228 and 225 variety I can state that the difference in grip while small on paper feels significant in the hand. At least to people with smaller hands perhaps. A 228 in my hand is larger than a B92 with slim grips. To actuate mag release or decocker involves a much larger shift in grip than a 225. There is no argument the extra rounds are nice. At a small handicap. If you like single stack though the 225a1 is almost perfect.

Let’s face it though. Single stack love is on the wane. Not in my gun safe though. In there is the only time I ever say “diversity is our strength “. Lol
November 11, 2018, 11:09 PM
jwk226
I have a 225A, which I like very much, and would be my first choice. However, I am finding myself thinking of purchasing a 239 in 357 Sig.
November 12, 2018, 05:17 AM
Blume9mm
I was kind of in the same boat as Jwk226 above.... few years back I broke down and purchased a P226 and found out just how much I like Sigs... before that I shot Ruger P series pistols... 95 & 89s. So, as of late I was looking at something smaller in double/single action to carry and the 225 seemed like the ticket... then this thread reminded me about the 239....which I had coveted a few years ago but never had the means to get. Looks like this thread pushed me over the edge and I just posted "I'll take it" in our classified here. So, P239 it is... we'll see.

To be honest I never can figure out this curved or not trigger thing or the height of the slide and sights... I do understand trigger pull and grip... double stacked Sigs with the standard factory grip are just too thick for me... I guess we'll see how the P239 fits in my hand and I will probably change out the factory grips, but not totally sure. i do know I like the curved trigger guard and the rounded parts of the upper... I'm not a squared off kind of guy and that is why Glocks don't do a thing for me...just like with a woman, a pistol should have curves... One of the most comfortable pistols I've owned is a Sig p230.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
November 22, 2018, 08:31 AM
FPNunes
quote:
quote:
quote:
I absolutely love the p239 in 9mm with Hogue G10 Grips. I never had an issue with the feel of pistol once I dumped the factory grips. However, that's a personal opinion and YMMV.

I would have to recommend the current production 225 as you can currently get magazines and parts for it, for now any way. I prefer to own at least 4 or 5 magazines and P239 magazines are in short supply at the moment.

No, I have not.

Thank you, sir.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...
November 22, 2018, 10:47 AM
CD228
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I have not.

Thank you, sir.

No worries, sorry if I caused any undo angst.