SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    22 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 1911 Login/Join 
posted
Any recommendations on a 22 to start getting used to the platform? I have a DW CCO and want a cheaper training tool for the moment.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Buy a 22 conversion kit. That way you get used to the feel and trigger of your DW while plinking with 22.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Browning 1911-22 is a sweet little pistol.

http://www.browning.com/produc...pistols/1911-22.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I have a SiG 1911-22. It has the same weight as a centerfire 1911, many parts interchange, such as mainspring housings, safety levers, etc. The barrel is threaded for fitting a silencer, too.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any ideas on the best quality conversion kits?

posted Hide Post
Johnathon Ciener makes an excellent kit, IMHO.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gold standard in this area is the marvel conversion. But I have also had good luck (with enough rounds to have an experience based opinion) with the Kimber kit and the Advantage arms kit. I would expect based on other products that the Tacsol kit will also be good.
The ciener kit I personally would avoid as support is practically nonexistent.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gold standard in this area is the marvel conversion. Yep, it fits all of my .45 caliber 1911's (Sig, Colt, Ruger & Remington-Rand), and has bullseye competition...<2" at 25 yds with good ammunition. The only draw back is that the slide does not lock back when the last round has been fired. To get that feature, you should look at the Advantage Arms model...BTW, it's equally accurate. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

The ciener kit I personally would avoid as support is practically nonexistent.

I've had very good experience with Ciener, ordering replacement springs, buffers, extra magazines. ( I have the Hi Power conversion, not 1911, but still.)

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have a Marvel kit on a 1911 and an Advantage Arms kit on G23. Both work well and both have good customer support. The AA kits for the 1911 have gotten great reviews as well, I just don't have one.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Love my Marvel conversion unit.

I actually use it in precision pistol competition.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fyi, I’m pretty sure the Kimber is a Ciener with Kimber labeling. I’ve had both.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few options. AA and Marvel look like the best options.

posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried ATI or Chiappa 22 1911s?

posted Hide Post
For the price of a conversion kit and the time it takes to swap it back and forth at the range (and one of them being hot), I'd rather just buy a dedicated .22 like the Browning Buckmark.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by low8option:
Buy a 22 conversion kit. That way you get used to the feel and trigger of your DW while plinking with 22.

If you decide to go that route, let me recommend the Nelson conversion. It's a Marvel design. I'm very happy with that kit on my Springfield Range Officer. In addition, they are great folks to deal with, and even did me a custom sight mount at very little additional cost.

https://www.nelsoncustomguns.com/

Yes, you could get a dedicated .22 pistol for the price of the kit, but not one of comparable quality. (That assumes, of course, that you're putting the kit on a high-quality 1911, which I believe you are.)

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
nothing wrong with the original Colt conversions ,,

they are no long being made, but you can find them (few on Ebay)

I have one on a SA frame, works well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Advantage arms are excellent. Very reliable, lock open after last round fired, mags are pretty cheap.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nelson. Hands down the best conversation kit.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Here's another vote for the Nelson. It includes Marvel's latest enhancements. I shoot one in bullseye.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post