SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Older P-225 hold much relevance ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Older P-225 hold much relevance ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Here's couple with a P6. Got a two tone on the way.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I saw the title of the post, I thought the OP was asking about its relevance in light of the apparent widespread popularity of the 225-a1.
Now that the a1 has been in circulation for a couple years, has it made the original less relevant except as a piece of history?
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
When I saw the title of the post, I thought the OP was asking about its relevance in light of the apparent widespread popularity of the 225-a1.
Now that the a1 has been in circulation for a couple years, has it made the original less relevant except as a piece of history?
Scott

Not in my book. The new A1 is more of a P239 and I believe Sig described the newer pistol in such a (classic) way as to (confuse and) attract customers.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took out my dial caliber and my original P225 and my new P225-A1, and they are very close in size all around. I proceeded to get out my P239 in 9mm and likewise, it is very close in size to the original P225 and the new P225-A1. However, the original P225 and the P225-A1 feel much better in the hand than the P239. It appears that the new P225-A1 has a slightly different contour than the original P225 and of course, the grips on the P225 and P225-A1 are slightly longer the the P239, offering a much better grip.
So bottom line, IMHO; the original P225, the new P225-A1 and the P239 are very similar but the original P225 still reigns KING with the P225-A1 a very close second! But I could live perfectly happy if all I had was the P225-A1, or the P239.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks for the heads up. Just bought myself a birthday present. Already have have a P6, but wanted a P225 for many years. Can't wait to see what I get.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, didn't take long to sell out... maybe they plan on more since they say "temporarily out of stock".

Maj, USAF, Ret.
Life Member: DAV, MOAA, SCV, TSRA, and VFW,
NRA Benefactor

Posts: 14 | Location: Low Country of South Carolina | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maj Dad:
Boy, didn't take long to sell out... maybe they plan on more since they say "temporarily out of stock".

These police trade-ins do come in spurts. The lull intervals could be a while, though.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The P225 is one of the most pleasant shooting pistols ever made.

Completely agree. I wouldn't sell my P225 for anything. Well, that's not QUITE true because everything has a price. Years ago I sent mine to Walter Birdsong (now deceased) in Mississippi where he stripped and Black T'd it right down to the grip screws. I already knew 7000 hours in salt water wouldn't harm a pistol that's been Black T'd. Mr. Birdsong had one that he called his "forever" gun. He said he expected it would outlast him, his kids and grandkids too.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday! Looks great, shoots great. Pics later. Very pleased. Could use a couple more mags if anyone has a line on some.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Got mine yesterday! Looks great, shoots great. Pics later. Very pleased. Could use a couple more mags if anyone has a line on some.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Ma...225-35185.htm?page=5

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Ma...225-35185.htm?page=5
thanks!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post