SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P228/229 Duty Holster Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P228/229 Duty Holster Question Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I picked up this Safariland duty retention holster a few years ago. It is for a P228 or P229.
I knew they were expensive, but it seems that they sell new for around $150.
I know little about holsters.

To the guys that do know, am I correct on this ?
Thanks

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Top pic is very dark and can’t really tell but looks like a SSlll
Is there a break for middle finger middle rear of holster?
I played with the pic....I was wrong. Carry on, I am going to hang my head in shame

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland Model 200, Level 1 retention in patent leather gloss black.

Most agencies do not use them anymore and have transitioned to a level 2 or 3 safariland holster. Unless you're TX DPS, where they still carry these model holsters.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Plain black leather Safariland 200 Level 1 holster. Today, eBay is littered with them in the $10-25 range, and I only see them around here on armored car guys. The LE market left thumbsnap holsters in the last few years for versions of the 6360 and 7360. Safariland doesn't own the LE market, they dominate it. Rarely do I see uniformed officers anywhere that aren't wearing a 6004/6360/7360 pattern holster.

My guess is if you put it on eBay, unless someone wants it for nostalgia, you'll be pretty hard pressed to get $25 out of it, in as new condition.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. Since I don't have a P228 or P229 I think I'll post a karma.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was issued that exact same holster when I worked for a PD and an SO in VA.

To this day, it is still my favorite holster.

I always liked the glossy black look in terms of duty gear. The only bad part is when you get in a sport conversation with an individual and it gets scuffed up.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
I was issued that holster in black basket weave for my issued P228 DAO back in the day. It wasn’t secure enough for me, so I bought a Safariland SSIII level 3 holster. I loved that holster. Later I was issued a Raptor for an issued P220R. That was a good holster too. Watching “police activity” channel on You Tube, you can see why a level 3 holster is necessary.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post